First timer old timer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buffalo Ganj

Reaction score
Hi. Doing my first grow at almost 50. Escaped from the corporate worm farm and now I'm strumming a guitar and banging nails for a living - and I've always wanted to grow my own. I also don't give a shit if they find out this secret I've hidden for 30 years - I like marijuana and I think it's pretty fond of me. :) Anyway - here's a pic of my first two ladies at 36 days - They are both autos - one Amnesia Haze and the other NLxBB. The farmers I know all say they look awesome, but none have grow autos before, so I just wanted to see what others who may have grown these before think. Thanks to all!

Attachments

• IMG_20191003_112730.jpg
    IMG_20191003_112730.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20191003_112740.jpg
    IMG_20191003_112740.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 29
I’ve grown autos and yours seem to doing fine but growing indoors you’ll get a larger and more controllable harvest with photo period plants...I don’t really see an advantage to growing autos indoors...with photo period plants, you get to decide how big they’ll be before you flower them...
Welcome to MP from a fellow pot smoking guitar strummer...

Welcome from a fellow half centurian. I'll be flipping 51 next month. I am also doing my first grow. The people here have been real patient with my endless questions.

I’ve grown autos and yours seem to doing fine but growing indoors you’ll get a larger and more controllable harvest with photo period plants...I don’t really see an advantage to growing autos indoors...with photo period plants, you get to decide how big they’ll be before you flower them...
Welcome to MP from a fellow pot smoking guitar strummer...
I chose the autos because it lets me grow year round in the frozen northeast and lets me have plants at any point in the cycle in the same room without having to worry about hermies and that sort of problem as much. I also am only growing for myself and some close family, so these small, bushy plants are easy to manage and learn from to start. Eventually I will probably branch out, as I do want to try to make some of my own breeds eventually, but for now, this is perfect.
My setup is 2 rooms built from 2" Styrofoam insulation inside a shed - one room is 4x4 with a single 600w MH. I use this one for veg. The other room is 4x8 and I'm using half for herbs and veggies and a nursery using small 200w LED's and and 2 50w T5 lights. Main area with adult plants is 1000w HPS. For venting I have 2 - 6" in the big room and 1 in the small one with fans in each room to move the air. Medium is a mix of 1 part Vermiculite, 2 parts Perlite, 3 parts peat moss and 4 parts compost. It was just one of the mediums I read about when researching the grow. I'm feeding them FoxFarms nutes at 50% of what the label reads.

Latest posts

Back