First timer!! TIPS :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NewGr0werD0peFl0'er said:
ahhhhh didnt know you could do that!!! learning something new everyday. You have been more of a help pcduck, thank you. And i will update this in about 3-4 weeks

I would suggest that you do lots more reading. Start at the Resource section and then read all the Stickies that apply to the way you are growing.

I would get the plants out of the metal coffee cans--nutrients can react with the metal in the cans tand leach into your soil--get something plastic. Soil for tomato plants is not generally the best to use for mj. Check out soil mixtures in the Stickies.

Question for you guys. I used "headies" seeds for these 2 plants. Does that mean if i keep it healthy and well maintained im gaurenteed headies. Thats what somone told me but i dont beleive them.

headies????

Are you sure they did not say hermies?

possibly means head high type rather than body stone effect?.. just a guess though, type of effect should pass on from parent plants if its that.

Yeah im postive they didnt say hermies lol. But around were i live "headies" is the better weed and "middies" is the shitty weed. I got both of these seeds from a very crystalised dry bud, so hopefully i get good results. Also I just transplanted from the metal cans to plastic CLEAN paintbuckets.

PS: Can you get foxfarm from anywhere or is it more of an online thing?

Just check you local grow shops and see what they carry so stores now carry the Foxfarm lines of soils and nutrients. here is a link to FF and you can use it to locate a place that sells them near you
hXXp://foxfarmfertilizer.com/buyfox_consumer_map.html
You want to use as big a grow container as you can get.

SO im crying right now ;( ;( ;( ;(.... as you would have guessed a newbie like myself, i guess i really messed up transplanting 1 of them earlier as i saw the roots got exposed to sunlight and now 1 of them is wilting... of course my best looking one :((((.... if its wilting already its pretty much dead right? cus i tried to push the soil down and watering it a little bit but i have a baddddd feeling about this one... i learned my lesson :(

Wilting a little at first transplaning is not unusual. A little light on the roots while you were tranplanting them should not have hurt them. Give them a few days to adjust to their new enviroment. Did you get them use to sunlight when you first put the outside? If don't they maybe a little sun burnt(yes a plant can get sunburned) and need a few days to heal and adapt to the sun.

Okay, so i havent watered them in a day, and once i saw the leaves were starting to wilt i watered them carefully, and slowly (not to much water at one time). I noticed the plant stem went from a slightly tint of brown to fully green just as it was when in the other pot. So i think i got myself a trooper here because it looks a lot better now then it did first transplanted, with a little bit of water hopefully everything will be ok!!!!! and i do think it got sunburned because it wasnt all the leaves starting to wilt just the very bottom ones. so hopefully all is well :) thanks

I'd use "Roots Organic" soil. It's the only "true" organic soil. "Roots" has a 707 soil that has everything you'll need in right in the bag. Of course you may add more,but your covered with what you get in the bag soil. Good luck.

FUM said:
I'd use "Roots Organic" soil. It's the only "true" organic soil. .
Not true.. FUM..
There are several soils OMRI "certified" organic... ;)

Our Peace of Mind® and Happy Frog® fertilizers are 100% organic.
from fox farms website. I'm waiting on the answer to products certified by OMRI. I'm certain their soil "use" to carry the OMRI seal..:confused2:

I know it's a bad pic, but had to stand on my head.

DSCF1009.JPG

Rosebud, i am about 3-4 weeks in and my plants are looking healthy but i know there getting sick of just sunlight, and water with the soil i can tell there now starving for nutes so thats why i am making a trip to get fox farm water soluable nutriants i just wanted to know. I heard i should get like 2 different kinds like one kind for growth until flowering and then another foxfarm product stricktly for flowering.. any thoughts?

yea one is called Fox Farm Grow Big for veg, and Fox Farm Big Bloom for flower

hXXp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/fox-farm-liquid-nutrient-c-81_170.html

pcduck said:
yea one is called Fox Farm Grow Big for veg, and Fox Farm Big Bloom for flower

hXXp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/fox-farm-liquid-nutrient-c-81_170.html
"TIGER Bloom" is the flowering nute duck. Big bloom is more just an additive. ;) But you knew that..:p

thanks rosey..:)

here's the response from FF...
Thanks for considering FoxFarm products! Because we produce both organic and non-organic products that share the same production facility, warehouse, and shipping containers, none of our products are OMRI certified. I can assure you, though, that all of our soils, Happy Frog dry organic fertilizers, Big Bloom liquid fertilizer, and BushDoctor line of liquid fertilizers are made from only certified organic ingredients! Hopefully that answers your question, be sure to let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks for making the sustainable choice and using FoxFarm products! Cheers!

Adam Crook
Customer Care & Technical Support
:confused2:...

New, I use ffof soil, but i use Roots Organics, want a picture?

DSCF1010.JPG

Thanks for the correction Hick. My Bad.

Okay ladies and gents so i just went out and purchased Big bloom, Tiger bloom, and Grow Big by fox farm, will theses 3 bottles perhaps last till next year, or should they be gone by one season?

Okay so my plants are looking extremely healthy in the new fox farm products, is topping a good idea though should i try it as a begginer/

Go ahead and top your being a newbie won't hurt a thing.

Latest posts

Back