First timer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mauitraveler

Reaction score
I've got no idea how growing is all about. What are the basic paraphernalias for first time growers for indoors.

:yeahthat: If you are at all interested in growing MJ for yourself, then you must do some serious reading first. Then google hydroponics and look at some of the stores and the products that they offer. :)

Finally got the chance and checked the links provided. Oh man! the information is overwhelming! And the details and the technicalities, it's like a mash up of chemistry and physics. Im getting dizzy already.

GAZOOKS! The link should be at the topmost... YES AUDIO AND VIDS! Forever, your a life saver.

Indeed, I love picture books. Watch every Vid, and pay attention. Everything is useful in em'

Forever[D]anked said:
Indeed, I love picture books. Watch every Vid, and pay attention. Everything is useful in em'

However, do not believe everything you see on videos--there is a lot of bull there, too.

I believe THG was referring to other videos you'll see along the road, such as Youtube. The videos i linked should be good to go

Mauitraveler said:
I see... can you point out some of them please.
Lol...any video where leds are being used and the yield is dense nugs....:p

Don't bother with LED lights now unless you have lots of money to waste. The technology is really cool, and they do work for specific grows. But they don't work well, or produce the end result that you would want for the money that you have to spend to get them. Your money is best spent on using T5HO flourescent lights around 6500K for vegging plants and then switching to HPS lighting for flowering plants.

You will need to decide how big your grow-space will be (in a closet or a tent, or even a spare room in the house or utility building). You can grow just 1 or2 plants in a closet that is 2ft by 3ft, or you can expand out from there. However, if you are new to growing you are better off to start out no larger space than 8-12 square feet.

Once you figure that out, you will need to have lighting to match the sq ft (sq meter). That means that you have to look for the amount of lumens that your lighting provides then make sure you get at least 3000lumens per sq ft for vegging plants, and at least 5000lumens per sq ft for flower.

So if you were to grow in a closet that is about 2ft deep by 6ft wide(facing closet) then you have 12sqft. multiply by 3000 will be at least 36,000lumens needed for vegging. One fixture with 8 4ft long (6500K)bulbs will put out 40,000 lumens of bluish-white light that plants like for vegging. Then for blooming(flowering) you will need 12sqft multiplied by 5,000 to get 60,000lumens. A 600 watt HPS light with a reflector hood will put out around 80-90,000 lumens which would produce nice buds.

After that you will need to think about ventilation as your plants need lots of fresh air to breath and to cool of the lights as they get quite hot.

Just some stuff to think about :)

T5hO .. Lumens... 12sqft.? Oh crap... my nose is bleeding. Hahhah

The closet, your referring to a regular room closet right? I think I can manage that. So LEDS are out. Im just going to figure out those bulbs you've just said. 1 for growing and 1 for blooming. Is it not advisable to just use one though? There's a clip in the video that 1 is enough?

Latest posts

Back