First Timer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright..Added more dirt to the cups to fill em. I have a little 6 inch clip on fan and I been turning the cups everyday trying to adjust the leans, didnt think about adding dirt (duh). I have 5 holes at the bottom of the red cups, but went ahead and added some to the bottom sides as suggested. Thanks for the feedback JAAM and MR1.

Another update and problem. I started to notice yellowing on some of the first leaves on the plants in the keg cups. I took a look at the roots in the clear cup and could see the roots was filled up to the bottom hugging the bottom layer of perlite I put in..So I transplanted the plants directly into 5 gal pots with 50/50 happy frog and ffof. Added about 20% perlite to it. I also turned on the 1000w metal halide at 75% on the ballast at a 4 foot distance. I was thinking the yellowing was from the roots filled the cups since I noticed the autos in the 3 gal are fine, but could I be wrong? Is it time to feed them some nutes or wait a bit longer cause I just put in new soil? Heres pics

View attachment 6142.jpg

View attachment 6141.jpg

View attachment 6144.jpg

View attachment 6145.jpg

View attachment 6143.jpg

They look fine, those little cotyledons always drop off. Would be nice to see a shot of the top of the plant looking down.

I read that but as being inexperienced I wanted to make sure that I wasn't messing it up. Heres the pictures from the top down. Im not sure what the little things are on the leaves. My guess was that when I checked on the plants a few days ago they was touching the fluros. Was just gonna wait it out and see what happened after I transplanted and turned on the metal halide.

View attachment 6151.jpg

View attachment 6152.jpg

View attachment 6153.jpg

View attachment 6154.jpg

update.They all seem to be doing great with lots of growth this week. All except the auto in flower..It has yellowed quite a bit and getting strange dots on the fan leaves..I dont see any insect **** or anything of that nature. The distilled water I been purchasing has all been in the ph around 6.0. I gave it one feeding last week and it went to crap lol. Today is feeding day and I was hoping some of you more experienced growers might chime in and help me to fix this thing. I understand they are suppose to yellow in flowering but I dont believe this much! I also noticed a little I guess "claw" look to some of the leaves on the other plants..is that a nute burn? Heres pics. Help me out here so I dont burn em if thats the case.

View attachment vv.jpg

View attachment vn.jpg

View attachment vb.jpg

View attachment cd.jpg

View attachment vc.jpg

View attachment cc.jpg

View attachment vm.jpg

Are you giving them Cal/Mag in addition to their nutes?
no matter what strain or what nutes i use i always seem to need Cal/Mag.

you are off to a good start for a first grow, your hooked now.

Doing good brother you will have accidents every now and then just yesterday i was pulling my tub out of its catch basin and it was so heavy i did not judge the weight right and it shifted and all the extra water fell everywhere while all my equipment was running the water went everywhere what a pain in the butt but i managed to yurn off all the electricity and then cleaned up all the watwer what a big hassel for every one who wants to no i am growing tomatoes if i cant grow my weed here im still got the bug so i will have some killer tomatoes plus it will give me practice its almost the same ph the equipment mostly the same but no buzz o well at least im growing and learning something new by the way the tomatoes love my mgrow i guess so since that is what m grow is for boy did i mess up,but i look at it this way im still growing and that is what is good the experience its great hopefully i'll have some killer tomatoes they are takeing off like no tomorrow.888

No haven't added anything but just the gh 3 part 1.5 mil of each part. The rest of the plants seem to be doing alright..I just noticed the claw look with razor edges and read online that could be a nute burn..I think they still look okay but I dont wanna mess nothing up if it can be prevented. Im thinking its cause I gave the auto thats in flower last time veg nutes instead of bloom nutes. How would I know if I need to add cal/mag would it be red/purple on the stems? Im thinking today ima just feed them the same as last week but feed the on in flower the recommended bloom feeding but only quarter strength and see how that works. Sound like a good idea to everyone else? Im just trying some trial and error and would love to avoid errors although no matter what they will happen.

Do you know the pH of your soil? Have you flushed? Sometimes a flush will clear any salts built up that could be causing a pH imbalance and cause a nute lockout. I tried autos once and adjusting the feeding schedule was guesswork at best I suppose. But they may not be using all of the food you give them while your others do, which can cause a salt buildup. Wouldn't hurt to flush and then feed for that 1 auto IMO.

Checked the soil ph and it ended up being 5.8. I just ordered some calmag so hopefully in the day or two it should come...I just gave her bloom nutes and im going to try the calmag when it comes..it that doesnt seem to help then last option I believe I got is flushing then bloom feeding from there and see what happens. Thanks for all the feedback guys.

Make sure you feed with ph 6.5 after you add nutes. Your soil ph seems low, my runoff from my soil is around ph 7. Do you have a digital ph meter?

You can use Epsom salts (magnesium sulfate) for magnesium and sulfur feeding. I would try a flush of that auto flower and than water with some water with about 1/4 tsp. per quart of water. You can also use Epsom salts same dilution in a mister for a direct leaf feeding. Do you have a jewelers loop? I saw some evidence of insect feeding on an earlier photo of the auto. I always had thrips with FFOF. Most cannabis pests feed on the bottom of the leaves and you find light spots that may be almost transparent. Thrips won't do much to a healthy fast growing plant, but can be tough on a plant with other issues.

I have a digital ph meter yes. I been feeding at about 6.3ish with nutes..I get lazy fighting the ph up and down here and there lol. The calmag will be here monday so ima flush then try that on the auto. I do not have a jewelers loop as of yet. I have noticed black spiders inside the tent (taking them out when I see them). The other day while watering I noticed something take off in the soil but I think it was just a little gnat. Other than that I havent noticed anything and I try to check the leaves..only thing I see wrong is where it needs calmag on some of the leaves and the auto I have no idea what its doing im starting to think its slowing the bud growth cause only thing I keep seeing is just white hairs all over and occasional redish ones. Is there something around the house I can use as a jewelers loop or an easy place to pick up one cheap?

A good digital camera held steady and you can blow things up for a close up look. Gnats have larva that live in the soil, they can ruin your production and you may never know why. Maybe try the digital camera or a pound shop magnifier. (I'm guessing you're in the UK).

My camera sucks and I havent been able to get a jewelers loop as of yet. But I did notice now that I am looking for em there is a bunch of gnats..Im order some azamax tomorrow. But for another update. The older auto now has bigger buds and smells amazing. The younger auto is now showing buds, and starting to yellow like the first one did..I did get calmag last week and been feeding all the plants 3 ml per gallon water twice a week. The other plants are a lot bigger and showing alternating nodes. I found my metal halide bulb had burnt out sometime last night..I dont have a spare but I do got 2 hps. So I put one of those in there and ima just flip to 12/12 tonight anyways since they are getting pretty big and double to triple size in flowering I better start now. Heres pics

Looks like your gonna get some production. Any way you could pull that auto out and finish her elsewhere? Your gonna need the space and I get nervous leaving sick plants around healthy ones.

I'm impressed with the growth you've had in just a short while. Maybe on your next grow try 2 plants and serious training. One thing is sure you'll get some bud!

Unfortunately I dont have any other space for her. I was surprised by the growth recently also..I just wanted to get a feel on this first grow if I wanted to mess with autos again in the future or not. I have read nothing but negative things about them so I just wanted to try for myself and be able to get a harvest/cure in before the big amounts come from the photos. But anyways I do see a lot of bud growth on that auto that I figured would be not much. So im happy with whatever I get from it. Next grow as you said I plan on smaller plant number and a training method but I got a few months to think about it all. Gotta finish this one :] Thanks for the feedback jingo.

Latest posts

Back