First Timer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radium012

Reaction score
Hello all. This is my first grow and im hoping for good results lol. I been smoking for about 10ish years and would love to get rid of the pocket expense. I decided to do a grow journal for my first time hoping some of the more experienced growers would tune in and help along the way. I have gained most of my information from days upon days of researching on grow journals and forums and other sites. There is a lot of conflicting and misleading information out there! You hear one thing is good on one site..then on another its you hear its bad. So im just gonna have to learn from experience I suppose. Anyways heres what I got going so far. I have a 4x4x7 grow tent, a 1000w cool tube with mh and hps bulbs and ballast,a ventech 6 inch 440 cfm inline duct fan with the carbon filter combo. Im doing a soil grow so I got some happy frog potting soil and the fox farm ocean forest also grabbed a bag of the sunleaves chunky perlite. As for the beans im going to do 6 in there. I got 1 autoflowering autocheese from a friend. I got 4 feminized critical super silver haze from delicious seeds on attitude and im doing a free one that came with the cssh its a fem northern lights x big bud from world of seeds. I did the auto so I can try a harvest before the rest finishes so I can get one under my belt. I already germinated them all. They all germinated on the 2nd day of the paper towel method. I took the beans put em in a solo cup with happy frog and some perlite mix and stuck them taproot down under a shop light I had. Day 2 under the light I had some nice sprout. Its day 4 and I notice to me it seems they are stretching so im thinking of turning on the mh for now but im not real sure on how far away to set it for now. Also one of the cssh has 2 sprouts from one bean..I been researching it and from everything I come up with it says just let it ride out and see how it does that usually the stronger one of the two will survive..im just wait a few days and see what happens. I plan on transplanting from the solo cups into 3 gallon pots with 50/50 happy frog and ffof with about 30% perlite and when I turn them to flowering ill transplant into 5 gallons. Right now I have the auto already in a 3 gallon to avoid a transplant as from I researched autos shouldnt be transplanted. I plan on trying the gh 3 part with these as I have read its easy to use and good results, which sounds good to me. I understand happy frog has food and ffof has tons. So im expecting to not to feed em nutrients until around the 3 week mark. Thanks for reading and hope to hear some input :joint:

Howdy... I would leave them under the flors till they are bigger.

Nice set up.

Welcome to MP.... Roots are not fond of light so you should avoid clear pots... slip those cups right into another solid color keg cup...

Good luck and Green Mojo. I agree with JAAM. You also don't want more than one plant per cup/pot. Do you have drainage holes in those cups.

Fixed placed em in some red solo cups..with 4 drain holes in em. Thanks for the feedback, HL I have drain holes in those cups..I only put one bean in each cup/pot. The last picture is a cup of cssh that had only one bean in it and it did 2 sprouts?!?!

Yeah I know right..I guess its pretty rare..im not sure what to do with them at the moment..I figured Id wait till the sprout is more older and look at the roots and judge from there if I should seperate or if they are twined together just to let em go and see what happens.

I agree with the others that they should be kept under the fluoro now. I think, though that you can get the fluoro closer. I would drop it just a little and see how they do. If they do okay, drop it a bit more every few days. You can generally run fluoros an inch or two away from the top of the plant once they get established. Do you have some kind of fan blowing on them?

Any time I have gotten 2 plants from 1 seed, one has been a lot stronger than the other. You have time to wait and see what happens with it.

Ive had twins several times from Subcools gear... I was able to separate them once... but like THG mentioned one usually is stronger...

It was all already said.

Hammy nailed it w the drainage holes and thg mentioned lowering the light...it was also mentioned to seperate the twins asap. Even removing or changing the container by jam.

This is all excellent info that was given.

nice setup :)

listen to them and they will GROW.

Well I was resetting up the pots to the lights and my clumsy self knocked over the block I had all the cups on and they all flipped over and the plants fell out and 2 of the plants broke..and 1 of the 2 broke in half. On top of it I got a seat belt ticket today..Off to a rough start lol. I put all the plants back quickly as I could in the cups replanted and gave a tiny bit of water..The 2 sprout one bean one got crushed pretty hard but I think it may pull out and one of my cssh broke in half so im pretty sure that one is screwed. So im just start germing another cssh seed now and get her in there as soon as I can. Heres a a pic of shame.

View attachment P3221193.jpg

View attachment P3221195.jpg

you got a seatbelt ticket because they were looking for something else. Don't worry about the ones broken in half try to use a popsicle stick or something similar that you can use to splint the broken plant prop it up and let it sit upright without a fan on it and it should heal and fix itself and will heal fully if sitting just right. Think of it lije a surgery the better u line it up the better chance for survival.

you're off to a good start don't worry about the little s*** start more seeds if you're worried

The bent ones I sprung up with some bobby pins and the broken in half one I cant get to stay together...so I just left the bottom half in soil and stuck the top half next to it in soil im pretty sure its gonna be a goner but ill leave it there till its dead..I went ahead and started to germ one more cssh to cover it...sucks but oh well took a hit of some master kush and it didnt even bug me :] Thanks for the responses guys.

the one that got cut in half that you stuck down in the soil will die its not old enough to be able to form another taproot and the likelihood is that it is fatal.

no big deal start some more!

These things are to be expected. I must have knocked cups. pots and whatever 3 times this very week. :) Yesterday I knocked a pot with a fresh clone over for the second time in 2 days. Bottom line is there is a learning curve to all of this but if you have the time and desire to invest in learning the basics and have a reasonable amount of cash to invest in becoming Self Sufficient you will succeed. Master the Basics and the other stuff becomes a bunch of variables. If you can do that then things like getting better lights and dialing in a feeding schedule will only increase your yield and quality. Throw in some training techniques and the ability to clone a strain you really like and you will not need to pay anyone for sub par weed again. It's always a good idea to pop 1 or 2 more beans than you think you need. Especially if they are regular and not Fem beans.

Alright guys here is an update so far...The 2 plants that broke died. So I started to germ 1 cssh and a critical 2.0. The cssh germed and got planted and has sprouted the critical still hasnt germed..I left it alone its been a good week..so since im starting to doubt it I went ahead and filed down the seed a tad bit on the side the tap root comes out and stuck another auto cheese in just in case. Heres the plants now..Im thinking about another week and they will be good to go with the 1000w mh. Ima keep little seedling and when one of these seeds germ in a different location under the fluros until they ready for the mh.

View attachment 0602042024a.jpg

View attachment 0602042024.jpg

View attachment 0602042023.jpg

If ya have dirt there top them keg cups off... the extra dirt will help support the stem and should keep them from leaning hard and needing extra support...

Radium, a few holes in the sides at the bottom of the red cups will help with the air flow .

Latest posts

Back