First Timer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hampster

Reaction score
I was woundering if it would be better for my first grow to be hydro or organic soil?

Hampster said:
I was woundering if it would be better for my first grow to be hydro or organic soil?
Welcome to MP. I myself would go with soil if this is your first grow. ;)

Hey I was just wondering why soil would be better for my first grow? And I was all so wondering what the benefits from hydro were? I hear a lot of people say that it increases yield but then other places just say it is for faster growth. The growth part I believe but should I believe that it increases its yield. And thanks for posting a reply. I am glad to have stumble across this forum as i have read many post and there are a lot of helpfull people here.

first time out ,,,use soil ,,,,,,p,l,r

Hampster said:
Hey I was just wondering why soil would be better for my first grow? And I was all so wondering what the benefits from hydro were? I hear a lot of people say that it increases yield but then other places just say it is for faster growth. The growth part I believe but should I believe that it increases its yield. And thanks for posting a reply. I am glad to have stumble across this forum as i have read many post and there are a lot of helpful people here.
For a first grow, soil is much easier. With only a few pointers, even a caveman can do it...

Hydro has more to learn and much more to understand in the construction of your hydro setup.

It's better to learn about growing weed in soil, and while doing so, start learning about hydroponics.

Plants in Hydro do tend to grow faster. The plants are given 100% of everything they need, without having to work at all for it. The root system stays smaller than with soil, resulting in increased growth rate in the plant matter above ground.

If both methods are used until the plants reach the same mass, the yield should be no different if all the other variables remain constant.

In nasty ole dirt however, you'll get that stuff under your nails every time you go near it. Hahahahahahahaa, where's Hick, I'm hidin from him. He whoops my butt when I badmouth his dirt...

I love messing with this guys mind:

caveman.jpg

Not a Hydro Guy.JPG

Latest posts

Back