First try at organics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SKAGITMAGIC

I went out and bought a bunch of stuff to amend my soiless mix and started purchasing some fertilizer from a couple of old hippie chicks that have a roadside honor system, put your money in the coffee can. if the stuff works good i'd much rather give them my money than some big chain store from sacramento,anyway I watered the mix a little and i'm gonna let it sit for a week or so before I transplant into it, anyway i'm off like a herd of turtles.

P1080024.JPG

Nice. Make sure you don't plant directly into it. Needs a buffer. GL

Hey chef,the plants are in 1 gallon pots of mendo-royal Gold, a amended coco mix, the're probably 2 weeks from being root crowded, I'm hopein they take right off in the new mix!! Thanks for all your willingness to help, and hopefully i never quit learning. Here's a pic of my dutch treat i'm growing scrog style, it's in straight soiless being fed, Plant marvel nutes.
It's been in the 12x12 mode for 26 days. The Mrs. and I did a dispensary thing today, actually our first expierence, I bought some stuff i never smoked before and there was a couple that i really liked so far. Gucci Kush??? lol and man he had some Casey Jones that was really tastey, tommorow my first toke is going to be Blue dream. He had dutch treat that smelled just like mine, they should though, there both from bellingham. ya know chef this stuffs really trippin this old hippie out.

P1080011.JPG

P1080013.JPG

Stopped by the stand selling organic fertilizer and the gal was out there and we had a great chat.She's gonna get her Medical card and my Mrs. is going to take the info to her today. anyway shes starting a business called worm wranglers inc. I've got so many questions about organics, Like Epsom salts, the stuff gramma soaked her feet in??? I saw some at the Feed store, it had sulpher in it and cost 5 times the drugstore box!!! Molassas??? Mom's cookie stuff??? I saw some at the grow shop!! Does the stuff in moms cupboard work as a subsitute???
Took a few pics of the dutch treat c99 scrog last night, kinda uneven but okay for a first try. I did the LST thing once to many times i think,I'm gonna lower the net in the new one tonight and try to level the playing field. She's 35 days into flowering. Remember my Credo "A Busy Gardner"s a Happy Gardner!!!"

P1080159.JPG

P1080157.JPG

P1080153.JPG

P1080151.JPG

Careful who you tell. Just get what I sent you, follow the recipe, if your gonna commit. GL

Found some old threads by the 3 little birds on organics,and they put alot of stuff in perspective, I've way over complicated things, newer credo, "If it's worth doing, it's worth over doing!!" Having a good time though.

nouvellechef said:
Careful who you tell. Just get what I sent you, follow the recipe, if your gonna commit. GL

:lama:secret proprietary nouvellechef info eh :p

I'm not sure?? I don't think i can afford the recipe!!

Some lovely girls yu got there. I have a small criticism if yu don't mind. I'm not pro but I noticed yu saying that yer scrog is uneven. The reason for that is that you're not technically using a scrog method as the holes in yer screen are too big. to do a proper scrog (proper is in the eye of the beholder. there are so many ways to do this that aren't wrong) yer screen has to have smaller holes so that yu can continually bend the branches of each plant as they grow so that they end up growing horizontally under the screen rather than vertically through the screen. This allows all of the lower bud sites on each branch to get equal light and ultimately grow thru the screen so that yu have lots of little christmas tree buds growing up thru the screen from each branch of each plant. I hope not to insult yu for yer setup as I am using the same size screen setup for my blueberries just to support the (hopefully) heavy buds as they mature. but to do a true scrog yu need to have a screen with roughly 2 inch sq. holes and not allow any of the branches to protrude thru them until the end. Just a word of advice from an acused:angrywife: know-it-all

i got tired of pushing them back down,and it seemed to irritate the plant,it's just one, anyway ya, this is my first attempt at this type of grow,It's all about yield,I decided half way through I'd get a better yield letting them finally go. it's also about finances, I already had this netting. The price of gas to drive to the horticulture shop is 35 bucks round trip. I gotta figure that in on a fixed income, I'm retired!! I could steal the net from the tennis court over at the high school,it's the perfect size, i could start the bad Karma Grow 2011 lol.Anyway like you said scrog's a pretty loose definition in the eye of the beholder, so whats your point again?

:eek: Yeah I understand what yer sayin. like I said b4, I have the same setup with the girls growing thru the screen for support. I don't fault yu for yer "scrog", as I said there are multiple methods that work quite well for the given situation. I like the tennis net idea though, that would be perfect. I just hate to see someone making a mistake and not realizing it and then having a crappy outcome and wondering what happened. of course that's not the case here but I wasn't sure so I spoke up...I am an incurable help addict.:doh:

Mutt said:
:lama:secret proprietary nouvellechef info eh :p

Haha. Na. I posted the updated recipe with pics. Week 7 will be Wed. No fade. I like. Hotter than blazes down there. That Bio Tone did something. Like you said. I really believe the combo of alfalfa/soybean gave longer Nitrogen and they had way way better uptake. The alfalfa has a natural growth hormone. Telling ya. Hot hot mix. I measured EC for fun. 4.1

Yeah. Try it.

Proves the point. In full organic. Almost impossible to burn. 4.1 any other way would fry them. In the end of cycle they should stop uptake and release what they don't want anymore. So I will know shortly if the Nitrogen was depleted enough for no residual effect. Harshness, flavor, burn quality.

WOW 4.1 is up there!!! 2800ppm is what my calc said. Holy crap.
It shouldn't burn as the microbes just make it available. Doesn't mean the plant is going to uptake them. :)
I seriously doubt you will notice anything with the toke with nitrogen. I have always used high N through flower in organics. Just did it's thing.

SKAGITMAGIC said:
i got tired of pushing them back down,and it seemed to irritate the plant,it's just one, anyway ya, this is my first attempt at this type of grow,It's all about yield,I decided half way through I'd get a better yield letting them finally go. it's also about finances, I already had this netting. The price of gas to drive to the horticulture shop is 35 bucks round trip. I gotta figure that in on a fixed income, I'm retired!! I could steal the net from the tennis court over at the high school,it's the perfect size, i could start the bad Karma Grow 2011 lol.Anyway like you said scrog's a pretty loose definition in the eye of the beholder, so whats your point again?

String and nails are cheap, you can make your own net!! :)

Good luck with your organic grow, it is the only way to grow in my not so humble opinion.

Your plants are looking good. I really love C99.

I also was going to mention that this was not really a scrog grow...

Thanks Hemp, I like to hear that about the C99, I've never smoked it,my expectations are huge, it is starting to look puffalicious, I just found out my BLZ from seed grow is actually BLZ mom Super Silver hAZE Dad, ***, i gotta figure out something to call it, I know this is gonna sound crazy but it all was purchased off Craigslist in the beginning, KRAIGSLIST KILLER, These seeds were feminized and at first it seemed kinda 50 50 but it ended up 11 females 2 males, I am really pleased. I looked at the rapid rooter this evening and we've got roots, everything is happening great but the weather, rained all day.

Latest posts

Back