fish tank water 7.2 ph

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blowinthatloud

Reaction score
Can i use this water to water my plants? I have used it before an it seems like a good natural source of nutes. Any thoughts plz? Ty

Why would you want to do something as crazy as using fish tank water? Let alone fish tank water that has a ph that high? Fresh water that has been ph'd to 6.5 would be a much better choice.

My tap water is higher then that, an i was told that the fish water had natural fertilizers in it

I used fish water from my aquariums on my plants for years. However, that was before I knew better. LMAO

It shouldn't hurt them (it never hurt mine) and it is a source of nutrients but using fresh water with a measured amount of specialized nutes will give much better results.

In the 70's it was fish water and Miracle Grow. LMAO We have much better ways, now.

Ok it was awhile back and i always had good results but i agree with the modern technology, just figured since it was here an free i would use it!! Ty

I did quite a bit of research into doing a cannabis aquaponics grow. What I learned is that the water from fish tanks does not have the right nutrient ratios for good cannabis growth. Seemed to me that there is way too much N and very little of any other nutrients. If you cannot grow cannabis in an aquaponics setup, that pretty much means that you should not be using fish water to water your plants.

However things like lettuce and other greens do very well.

You need to get ph down then. My tap water is around 7.8 ph. I use General Hydroponics ph down and ph it to 6.5. Soil grows need to have a ph between 6.3-6.8.

nutes are not expensive when you count how much they can grow for you. using fish water is not enough nutes for marijuana which requires quite a high level of ferts

THG is right on. It's mostly N. After all, what is it.... fish pee. LOL

Latest posts

Back