Fitting plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHOT

Reaction score
Sup peeps. Need to take your opinions. How many plants would you fit in a 50×60×100cm growbox? Each plant in a small pot or one big pot for all?
Couldnt be happier while i'm preparing for a new grow :)

google tells me this space is 9 842.51969 feet (9842 feet 615⁄64 inches) is that 9x9?

Don't put more than one plant per pot. I like growing in 5 gallon pots as they are easy to move, and a nice size. Someone that knows more than me will tell you more. Have you got your lights yet?

60×50×100cm i mean in that 60×50cm base and 100cm height. Its small a bit. 9×9 tent is realy big hahaha. So i designed a pot that fits perfectly in my box. Do u recommend to use it? I made holes for drainage also. I think it fits 4 small plants. I mean in that 35-37cm veg and i have 30 cm free for flowering. Anything bad in that?
Here's my plan look: grow it about 30 cm amd then take clones from each one(4 clones) amd make them bushier. And when they reach 35cm again i' going to flower them.
And i'm going to use my 150W HPS

google tells me this space is 9 842.51969 feet (9842 feet 615⁄64 inches) is that 9x9?

Don't put more than one plant per pot. I like growing in 5 gallon pots as they are easy to move, and a nice size. Someone that knows more than me will tell you more. Have you got your lights yet?

Lol rosebud.....that conversion chart leaves something to be desired. That space is a little smaller than 2ftx2ft. Shot you will need to keep them under control with some lst to keep them from busting out of that space. I would only put 1 plant in there if from seed. 2 clones if you dont veg much.

For the life of me I can't understand metrics. LOL, I am sorry, I tried. Lesso, do you have a suggestion conversion chart? We americans are lacking in the cm etc area. I saw something that said pot would make us learn it... lol

A box that is 50 cm x 60 cm x 100 is approx. 19" x 24" x 39". In a box that size, I would only do 1 or 2 small plants, like Lesso says. You do not have room for 4 plants. Putting too many plants into too small a space is counterproductive and you will actually get less than if you put less plants in. In other words, more plants does not mean more bud. Whether you can get 1 or 2 in there will depend on the strain you grow. No, do not use the multi-plant box you made. Like Rosebud says, do not put more than 1 plant into a pot.

When you grow from seed, you really need/should wait until the plants are sexually mature to flower. I also have real concerns about 100cm being tall enough to really grow anything. The light will take up at least 9", the pot will take up about the same or a bit more. You need space between the light and the canopy. This leaves very little space for the plant to grow. You are going to need to be very careful about the strain you get and you are going to have to do some real training. Is there any chance you can make this space bigger....it is really so hard to grow in confines like this.

Rosebud, I just ask my phone to convert the measurements to inches--couldn't be simpler. 100 centimeters is a meter, just slightly bigger than a yard at 39.37". The metric system is actually so much simpler. I don't know who thought that having a number system based on 10 and measurement systems based on nothing constant was a good idea....

Rose... Metric-conversions.org
Anything you may need to look up is there.

Hahahahaha rosie maybe pot will make me also pass this year in university lollll...and thanks guys i got the needed infos. I will try to grow in this box if it gets harder than i expect i will continue growing in my closet. Its way bigger!

I'm going to use also 2 pots each one 1 gallon. Is it okay to grow plants 47cm height?

I'm going to use also 2 pots each one 1 gallon. Is it okay to grow plants 47cm height?

If you only have 100cm in height, I doubt that you are going to be able to grow plants that tall.

I also believe that you are going to have problems trying to grow plants in only 1 gal pots. We have someone here who does it, but he has mad skills and has grown for a long time. I don't think I could get something to finish in only 1 gal.

Yeah,,i think its Hammy that does those grows,,or maybe it was 3 gallon pots. Cant remember. I personally would never grow in 1 gallon pots. I dont even do that with most my flowers,,but to each his own.

Also look at daftpunk's grow....he grows them short and wide.

Unfortunately, with a space only 50 cm x 60 cm he doesn't have much space to go wide either.

Is there a reason that your space is so small? It would be so much easier (especially for a new grower) if you could grow in a larger space.

I'm going to grow in my closet then... 2 meters height and 1m×1.5m base. Its way better than the growbox. My seeds are ready i just need to set up my closet and grow :D thanks ladies and gentlemen

I think you will be a lot happier with that larger space. A 150W HPS will not be enough light for that space though.

400w minimum but 600w would do great in that space.

I already have 400W HPS youhouuuuuu

For the life of me I can't understand metrics. LOL, I am sorry, I tried. Lesso, do you have a suggestion conversion chart? We americans are lacking in the cm etc area. I saw something that said pot would make us learn it... lol

Trudeau. Again. I hate that bastard and his pinko old man. Senior forced the metric system on us decades ago. I still fumble with it. Idiots.
The C temperature scale is huge, you have to use half degrees to get as accurate as F
I find most things I do fit people things not base 10
a foot is a god damn foot
it's not a game of centimeters for christ sake
His dad softened us up and the boy is going to finish us off

Latest posts

Back