flashlight use

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There has been many times,,because of my job and the hours i had to work that i have turned on a few lights to check on my girls. I use a low voltage incandescent bulb. It never caused my plants to Hermi.
The only plants i have had that problem with was Bagseed,,or bad genetics which already had the trait. And those i did not disturb the light cycle on. And yes i have found a bean of two a few times even with good sound genetics and no light leaks.
Most ppls problem with light leaks is Duration. Another words it's a light that is on the whole time during lights out because they dont know they have one.
of course its always better to not mess with them at all during the dark period if you can.

I have used a Green head lattern in the past to go in the room quickly to do timer and AC adjustments etc..................... No ill effect
Like this one Grow1 Green LED Head Light.
767005_l_1.jpg
Similar 2 for 1 deal
https://www.amazon.com/iPower-GLLED...=Green+grow+room+light&qid=1601293067&sr=8-14

Last edited by a moderator:
have used a Green head lattern in the past to go in the room quickly

I have used one of those green bulbs headlamps for hours and hours, day in and day out when I scrogged a huge 5 X 3 screen. Was my first and only one (too hard on my back). Anyway, that color, as far as I know is totally fine.

I'm with @Hopper, I've used light before and no issues. I try to keep it short so no photosynthesis begins.

My whole basement is lit up with green lights. When the lights are out the green is the only thing they (don't) see. In years past I have had light get to the plants and they have a tendency to herm when that happens. When trimming I find seeds occasionally.

I have heard this is a myth though. Plants outside get light all the time. Moon, headlights, street lights and so on. I personally think plants get used to things as they grow like low humidity and some light. But as long as I can avoid things like light I will.

my reason for using the flashlight is to hunt grasshoppers . they would be hard to see under green light. most are very small.

Hunting grasshoppers is the most reasonable thing I’ve heard recently. Tbh, I use a flashlight for a similar purpose. I can’t live without hunting, so I need to use it. Btw, have you heard of solar flashlights? I’d be really grateful for any suggestions on it. As for my current light, I usually use this one while hunting https://www.amazon.com/Vont-Flashlight-Flashlights-Water-Resistant-Accessories/dp/B089T8HDBV. Its water resistance has saved its life a few times. Anyway, I’d still be grateful for your advice, guys. Waiting for your replies. Thanks in advance. Best wishes.

Last edited:
My rooster‘s nickname is Spaulding, I bounce him off the walls fairly frequently. I found that a riding crop across the head pretty much let him know that I’m serious about not getting spurred. I promised Dutch the rooster whenever it comes down to that point. That creature test my patience

What about those handheld blacklights used to look for bedbugs in your 5 star hotel or a CSI investigation looking for blood splatter .. just curious .

big, I used to feed my chickens vienna sausages since they mimic the look and feel of baby mice .. chickens love the baby mice too.
Chickens will eat anything, including other chickens.

Latest posts

Back