Floor Protection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disco94

Wannabe Ski-Bum...
Reaction score
I have a 6x6 room with carpet. I can't rip up the carpet but need ideas about what I can put in between the pots and carpet so I don't stain it. I want it to look clean so no tarps or anything like that. Any ideas?

I built a small box out of 1/2 inch plywood with 2x4's for sides. Then I painted it with waterproof paint and shimmed it up so excess water drained to one side..

take some thick mil plastic and some wood strapping.cut the wood to fit the outside perimeter of the room,double or triple up the plastic keeping it nice and neat.Then use some 3 inch nails and nail the strapping tight against the edge at where the floor and wall meet over the plastic around the whole room.Make sure the plastic is tight and you should have a nice little water proof floor.Don't worry about the nails they will not damage the carpet.I did this last month over a carpet we had to save in a room on a construction site.Worked good.

I put an extra heavy duty tarp down and ran it a couple of inches up the wall. I put 1 x 2 around the perimeter of the room and nailed it to the floor to keep the tarp taut. I secured the tarp to the wall with small staples.

frankcos said:
take some thick mil plastic and some wood strapping.cut the wood to fit the outside perimeter of the room,double or triple up the plastic keeping it nice and neat.Then use some 3 inch nails and nail the strapping tight against the edge at where the floor and wall meet over the plastic around the whole room.Make sure the plastic is tight and you should have a nice little water proof floor.Don't worry about the nails they will not damage the carpet.I did this last month over a carpet we had to save in a room on a construction site.Worked good.

Great advice Frankcos. Obviously, you know what you're doing!

I like Frankcos idea. I would put a 2x2 down first then plastic with another 2x2 on top. If you spill water you dont want in running to the low spot on the edge. Use thick poly too, not the cheap thin crap It will tear.

Hello Disco :)

Where have you been hiding at?

Wow, long time since I have seen you active, welcome back :aok:

As for your comment?

No idea, Im stoned and doing random posts hoping not to look a twit :p

We are all here to help when needed, you know that, that is why you returned :rofl:

:peace:

Home Depot and some local hardware stores carry a heavy duty plastic that is sticky like tape on one side and it is clear like scotch tape ! I use it alot on home remodels to cover hardwood and nice carpet and so on.

I actually have it covering the surface of my grow room as well !
the stuff is very sturdy and easy to keep clean, I highly recomend
it ! also a great feature is when u pull it up... it is like you just cleaned your carpets.... the stuff is awesome !

I use it in my home when i have party's for the hollidays too... :D

I bought a piece of linolium flooring big enough for my room for $20, then laid that down without peeling the backing off over my carpet. Then used foil tape on the edges and baseboards of the room...

chris1974 said:
The tape was only $14 bucks.... I got you beat dude Lol....

What happens when you poke a hole in it? Mines more durable, and Im not afraid of using bleach on it, with plastic or tape I would be afraid of it leaking through :p

hahaha... its actually pretty hard to put a hole in this stuf, thats why I use it to cover hardwood on my jobs ! But you are right MindzEye.... the leno is def mre durable, I will agree !

I have been working so much and had to move to a smaller place. Now I am back and have a 6x6x7 room. Have some Durban, Strawberry Cough, White Widow, Power Skunk, Blue Mystic, and Aurora Indica about a week along right now. Thinking I am going to use a tarp and nail it up the wall to keep it tight... Cheap and easy. Still getting the finishing touches done on the room, like a hidden door... very "Clue"-like if I may say so myself. Have mylar up and have my new 1000w HPS in the mail right now. Gonna veg for about 6-8 weeks with some LST. Glad to be back!

chris1974 said:
The tape was only $14 bucks.... I got you beat dude Lol....

I use a white Shower curtain $2 (and bought the better one)

"P"

A piece of rubber roofing the size of the room. rolls out real easy, does not leak, does not make noise, does not tear easily, does not crinkle, one piece, able to go up the wall. Any extra works great for light leaks and is very pliable. :bolt::bong2: biu

I used that snap together flooring. Get it from some places like Big Lots for 12-20 bucks. Heavily durable, easy to clean, very easy to work with and just snap together. Want to run a bead of silicone around the bottom edge you can.

Latest posts

Back