Floros

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cincy boy

Growing Growing...Gone
Reaction score
For my next Grow Im going to try Floros during Vegg for the first time I usally use a 250 watt HPS and that does good but looking for a change this time Iv collected two 15 watt rod floros with a high blue coler content and One 26 watt CF thats 56 watts altogether Is that enough for 8 plants or do I need a couple more?

for 8 plants i would go with 6 to 8 40watt 4foot tubes.

I was only going to use them for like the first week and 1/2 or so to cut back on using my hps weeddog do floros work better during vegg than HPS If I have enough of them? or should i just get a 250 watt MH

This is what I got now HID Floodlight with quad-tap CWA ballast. Includes 250-watt HPS ED18 lamp.
Lamp Output: 28000 lumens
Lamp Color Rendition: 22 CRI
Everyday Low Price
$79.90
H:13 3/8-in x W:13 3/8-in x D:6 7/8-in
Features:
Order mounting separately.
Quad-tap CWA ballast (HPF)
Sturdy die-cast aluminum housing and frame, with dark-bronze polyester powder-coat finish.
Tempered-glass lens, thermal-shock and impact resistant (I took off)
Hydroformed, anodized aluminum reflector
UL Listed for wet location
1-year warranty

E-HR3.gif

This is what Im going to get In A week or two
HID Floodlight with quad-tap CWA ballast. Includes 250-watt MH ED28 lamp.
Lamp Output: 19100 lumens
Lamp Color Rendition: 65 CRI
Everyday Low Price
$79.90
H:13 3/8-in x W:13 3/8-in x D:6 7/8-in
Features:
Quad-tap CWA ballast (HPF)
Sturdy die-cast aluminum housing and frame, with dark-bronze polyester powder-coat finish.
Tempered-glass lens, thermal-shock and impact resistant
Hydroformed, anodized aluminum reflector
UL Listed for wet location
1-year warranty

E-HR3.gif

iv never used nuthin else but floros for veggin, i was gonna use a 150hps and see if its any better than flouros. still tryin to figure out whats best myself... :)

i think the MH would probably work better for vegg... i hear thats the best

yeah im happy i found the site i did its cheap

hey man, totally go with floros for Veg for the first Month and then give it Hps. used 4ft Fluro's with kitchen bath bulbs, 3800 Lumens each bulb x 2. you can pick up a fixture for around 10$ and get the bulbs about 5$ a peice.They work great, love how nice it starts em out for them Big halide in the Sky. if you got any Q's, ask...
late

I was looking on that site I found and found a 65 watt CF for only 6 bucks I plan on getting 2 of those plus I got 2 15 watt rods and a 26 watt CF for like 8 plants that should work thats 186 watts :D

I was just reading that when you use floros you can also use incendscent bulbs with them
has any1 tried this or ever herd this?

that should be plenty of light to vegg with. i would forget the incandecant lamps. they put out more heat than lumens. more fire hazard. put you money in the flowering lights and not somuch in vegg lights.

Im shooting for 200 watts of floros so I have 50 watts per square foot I have to get another 15 watter then I'll be happy I'm really still debating If I should get the MH or stay with the floros I got 2 15watt rods with a high blue in them which is good for vegg the floroswill cost less than the MH to run but probly not as good Results well I dont know what ever happens.........happens.

you should be fine with that. just let that succer vegg and keep your lights as close as possible to eliminate stretching. less stretch = tighter buds.

If they start to strech ill top em once or twice

Ok Im saying **** floros and Im getting the MH I think It will bring better results for sure

Latest posts

Back