flourecent light spaceing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondlebanese

Reaction score
I'm building a rack to mount my 4', 2 bulb, t5, 54w light fixtures. can someone tell me how much space between the fixtures is correct.

I butt mine right up together when they are something similar to home Depot fixtures. Usually 8 per.

Depends on how many your starting or how big they are.

Pretty much what ToA said. Look at the 8 bulb fixtures and try to get them at that spacing.

the fixture I made is three feet wide and each two bulb fixture is moveable side to side so I can space them. thinking that would distribute the light more evenly. is to much light possible after the clones have matured to teens? from flouro's 54w

the fixture I made is three feet wide and each two bulb fixture is moveable side to side so I can space them. thinking that would distribute the light more evenly. is to much light possible after the clones have matured to teens? from flouro's 54w

Once the clones are rooted they can handle almost any light you can throw at them.:vap-Bong_smoker:

Yes, too much light is possible, but given the footprint of fluoro tubes, that is unlikely. What you want to strive for is at least 3000 lumens per sq ft., but more is good up to about 7500 lumens per sq ft. (that seems to be about the amount of light my grow can utilize without CO2 enhancement) if you can control the heat. Each 4' 54W HOT5 tube will put out 5000 lumens. So, 4 tubes are 20,000 lumens and will adequately cover a space a little under 7 sq ft, which is 48" x 20". Don't know how many of the 2 tube fixtures you have, but you are going to have to have them spaced at 5 inches apart to come up with the 3000 minimum lumens that you should have.

please bear with me I'm trying to understand. is this right? every 54w bulb puts out 5000lums. 2=10000 which covers an area 48"x10". 4=20000lums which covers an area 48"x20". 6=30000lums which covers an area 48=x30". 8 tubes =40000lums which covers an area 48"x40". and so on. spaced 5" apart.

Basically that is it. This of course if just for vegging--flowering plants take 40% more light.

Latest posts

Back