Flower’s Grow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C011806C-BE85-4028-B6BA-89C6ED01FC19.jpeg
92B49C72-BCBD-46E6-9B86-55C3F5EED307.jpeg
BF5AB6B1-01AC-4FA9-816E-79E98AF0951A.jpeg
98DC76E3-72FC-470F-9445-03EF3951C964.jpeg

Got the new mobile veg closet set up. Notice the tub of clones and seedlings in the bottom. All 3 of the seeds I planted the other day have popped and are doing nicely.

Would love to have a mobile veg closet. Was wondering how warm the space would need to be. I have room in my attic for tent that would be perfect for that. We had what I hope will be the last freeze last night and have had a pretty mild winter. I can’t afford to heat the space but this may be a good time of year to use a tent up there between the cold days and hot days To veg out my summer plants

072D1373-582F-4C9B-87F6-52F104C5F206.jpeg

I think I am starting to get the hang of this clone thing. Got some roots poking out of this peat pellet. Went ahead and potted it.

9FAECCCC-7245-4934-B99F-1896AE6232C1.jpeg

Repotted the two autos today into grow bags.
Did a little more organizing as well.

FEA11067-54EE-44EF-A429-F0BE713CAF81.jpeg
7D5BED18-8C73-4CD1-9B63-9D5835052AC8.jpeg

Left to go camping Friday, drove home for an hour or so Saturday to check the plants and grab a couple things, and found this.
Fortunately, thanks to the wealth of knowledge I have gathered from this forum, I knew what it was, I knew what to do, and I had the correct product on hand to remedy the situation.
I have come to the conclusion that I had some hitchhikers on the milk crates that I incorporated in my vegmobile. Learned a lesson about sterilizing any outside objects coming into the grow area.
All in all, everything is back under control and I am pretty happy with myself for knowing what to do.

View attachment 292570View attachment 292571
Left to go camping Friday, drove home for an hour or so Saturday to check the plants and grab a couple things, and found this.
Fortunately, thanks to the wealth of knowledge I have gathered from this forum, I knew what it was, I knew what to do, and I had the correct product on hand to remedy the situation.
I have come to the conclusion that I had some hitchhikers on the milk crates that I incorporated in my vegmobile. Learned a lesson about sterilizing any outside objects coming into the grow area.
All in all, everything is back under control and I am pretty happy with myself for knowing what to do.
Is that a leaf miner doing that? Have you seen any bugs? Is this on all the leaves? Just trying to understand what this is.

Is that a leaf miner doing that? Have you seen any bugs? Is this on all the leaves? Just trying to understand what this is.
Yes, leaf miners. I could see them crawling once I noticed the damage and started looking close. I will say, they work fast.
I noticed 0 damage on Friday afternoon when I left for camp. I was very surprised at the damage inflicted in 24 hours.
I drenched the plants in Bonide spray oil, turned off 4, of the 8, T5 bulbs in hopes of not burning my freshly drenched plants. I then had to abandon them to their fate as I rushed back to camp in an attempt to quell Ole Brown Thumbs constant barrage of incoming calls wanting to know what was taking so long, while also giving me a longer list of things to pick up on the way back to camp.

83592FED-057E-4D67-9ADC-B5F2B64614F1.jpeg

I believe I finally have the veg mobile set up the way I want it.
6165EA41-3801-4EA7-9569-34532F5401CE.jpeg

I am about ready to take another clone or two from Sour D.
CE3F11E8-2AA8-42EF-9C63-A69A3C69D392.jpeg

The little Girl Scout Auto in front has been a runty plant from the start. The Lemon Auto, in the grow bag behind her, is turning into a beast of a little plant. I must say, it is interesting growing them for the first time.
I have been super cropping the Lemon in an effort to keep all the main colas at the same height.
27242A54-916F-4D84-8828-591124E160F9.jpeg

Both of my Jack Herer plants are looking great. The short lived leaf miner attack never even slowed them down. I even took two clones from the larger of the two.
55E0BD1F-EE76-438E-BFDC-1866AB3127A4.jpeg

I have been starting my clones in peat pellets.I cover them the rest of the way with dirt once roots are discovered poking through the mesh outer layer of the pellets. I owe credit to someone on here for stealing that idea from.
If you look closely in the back, you can see some seeds popping.
And, by the way, it stays a little warmer than 66 degrees in the humidity dome. I had the lid off a minute. The little candle warmer keeps it around 70-75.

Came up with that on my own. Just seemed to make sense. Start your plant lower in the pot.
Trim the bottom of the plant later, and then top off with soil. Roots fill up the added soil and you have killed a 2nd bird by keeping your plants shorter.
I am just one of those guys that spend a lot of time thinking outside the box.

I found that roots do not grow up into added soil. I made the newbie mistake of burying my first plant too deep into my flower pot. I added much soil, but the roots never moved up past a certain point. I also tried adding a inch or two of soil to my latest grow with the same results, the roots stayed a few inches deep under the top soil and did not move up. It makes sense I guess, the plant must know when the roots are breaking ground.

I found that roots do not grow up into added soil. I made the newbie mistake of burying my first plant too deep into my flower pot. I added much soil, but the roots never moved up past a certain point. I also tried adding a inch or two of soil to my latest grow with the same results, the roots stayed a few inches deep under the top soil and did not move up. It makes sense I guess, the plant must know when the roots are breaking ground.
Thank you for that input. I must say I am a little surprised, and disappointed, that your experience has led you to believe this will not work. I was kind of hoping it would.

Thank you for that input. I must say I am a little surprised, and disappointed, that your experience has led you to believe this will not work. I was kind of hoping it would.

I wouldn't say it won't work, but just keep in mind that the roots seem to know when to stop. I'm only two grows and noticed that the roots only come up to a certain point, I'd say around an inch below your plant stem. Are there any experts here that know if there is a "stopping point" for roots at the top of your grow container?

158A7700-8308-421B-AFC2-315A7EC67921.jpeg

It’s been right at 3 weeks since we harvested LSD and Blueberry Kush. I would say we have a pretty decent cure at this point.
We had to harvest a little earlier than I wanted due to unforeseen circumstances, so the trichomes were mostly cloudy at the time of chop, with a few clear, and 0 amber.
The LSD is a fast and furious high. It really takes off at the start, but is short lived.
The Blueberry Kush is still my favorite. Better not smoke it until bedtime though, because it will melt you right into the bed.

View attachment 292570View attachment 292571

If your plant leaves look like someone was doodling squiggly lines, It's likely that your plant has a leafminer infestation.1 Leafminers are the larvae of various beetles, flies, moths, and sawflies. The adult lays their eggs on the leaf and the larvae burrow into the leaf and tunnel through it, feeding and leaving a transparent trail of where they've been. If you look closely, you can often see a dark dot at the end of one of the lines.

1729ED5B-A432-48E8-BA89-72E170DF12A6.jpeg

Right now, counting seedlings and all, I am currently growing Jack Herer, Lemon Auto, Girl Scout Auto, Sour Diesel, Purple Ghost Candy, White Widow, Big Bud, Chocolate Skunk, and Gelato.
C0EF9A2C-E5DD-4758-87FA-002D0E5357C1.jpeg

I have Sour D right where I want her. I can’t wait to get her in flower. Waiting on the new light to be delivered.
A38C8E24-9B17-443D-82A4-522A27F2A3B6.jpeg

The FIMing and super cropping has turned this Jack Herer into a bushy little monster. I can’t believe how well this works.
100CF4F7-153B-4080-B610-9D04294B8613.jpeg

The Lemon Auto is starting to grow some buds.
54BAAEF1-7F82-4EB9-B236-5CB0753F2310.jpeg

I now feel I am just keeping this runty little Girl Scout Auto around in the interest of science.

7B6DDCA8-13E6-4E49-8B08-BC486214169C.jpeg

I pulled the plants out to do a little rearranging today, so I took a picture from above of Sour D and my two Jack Herers while I had the opportunity. I may actually have them too bushy.
C061CD75-9F01-4FD7-B638-1BD373FCFBE6.jpeg

Everyone got their bottom cleaned up a little as well.
057E88E4-4749-408C-91C2-A86D8B135C96.jpeg

I got all the seedlings repotted and everyone is back in the veg mobile.

Latest posts

Back