Flower with T5s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pawpaw said:
I'm sorry to say I think your opinion is justified--for the time being. I'm just too heavily invested in my current path to go to another, at least for my first grow.

Sell them and buy a new light setup while they are new.

But if you stick with them grow VERY short plants, maybe just flower clones SOG, just my advice.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I don't want to sound like a ****, but why did you invest so much into LEDs without knowing how they would work? I only ask this because you seem quite intelligent--far smarter than I am...
There is an important lesson here: Everyone makes stupid mistakes, everyone from brain surgeons to Presidents. Society likes to promote the idea that this isn't so to help keep masses in awe of their high mucky mucks and therefor easier to control. Not to mention that sheep are comforted by the notion that their shepherds are infallible.

I will try to weasel my way out of at least a little stupidity by relating the fact that I initially set this up to run HPS but while working on my hydroponic system the electric company installed “smart meters and it occurred to me that a computer program could easily detect the demand pattern of grow-lights if they had data that covered a couple of grows and the demand looked serious > 600 watts. So I dropped the project and let it sit for nearly two years until I saw the Haight products that looked like they might work and decided to risk it. Without access to the power spectrum of the LEDs they use there was no way to know in advance that they could not work and as I said in another post it looked like they might be ready for prime time. I bought a lottery ticket today too.

Growdude said:
But if you stick with them grow VERY short plants, maybe just flower clones SOG, just my advice.

Yea, thanks, that's what I was thinking I might try.

pawpaw said:
There is an important lesson here: Everyone makes stupid mistakes, everyone from brain surgeons to Presidents. Society likes to promote the idea that this isn't so to help keep masses in awe of their high mucky mucks and therefor easier to control. Not to mention that sheep are comforted by the notion that their shepherds are infallible.

I will try to weasel my way out of at least a little stupidity by relating the fact that I initially set this up to run HPS but while working on my hydroponic system the electric company installed “smart meters and it occurred to me that a computer program could easily detect the demand pattern of grow-lights if they had data that covered a couple of grows and the demand looked serious > 600 watts. So I dropped the project and let it sit for nearly two years until I saw the Haight products that looked like they might work and decided to risk it. Without access to the power spectrum of the LEDs they use there was no way to know in advance that they could not work and as I said in another post it looked like they might be ready for prime time. I bought a lottery ticket today too.

Well, you at least have a chance with the lotto ticket! :)

Don't feel bad, my friend, we all make mistakes and you'll have learned a valuable lesson here! Keep in mind an HPS isn't going to up your elec too much, might not even be noticed!

Good luck!

Roddy said:
Don't feel bad...

Thanks, I don't, I was long ago disabused of the notion that I don't do stupid things. I just sigh and get on with it. :D

pawpaw said:

There is no need to fear the Smart Meter, imo, power companies are not in the business of busting paying customers, pay your bill on time and they will not even realize you exist, especially for a 600.

I'm paranoid and I had 2 400s set up. But the present rebuild draws more than that. But I'm in pain and tired of it and just want some Gdamn relief.

pawpaw said:
I'm paranoid and I had 2 400s set up. But the present rebuild draws more than that. But I'm in pain and tired of it and just want some Gdamn relief.

i hear you, sorry to hear your in pain.

not that it matters to you, but i run 2 600's on timers i never adjust and i have a smart meter, i know that wouldnt matter to me if i was thinking as you are but there it is anyways, i guess my point is dont worry about the power company, loose lips and odour are your enemy.

Loose Lips probably 95% of the time.

You can cover up or deminish smells,:ignore: ,but ya cant cover up a big mouth.:D

pawpaw said:

Thanks for responding--hope my comments didn't sound too nasty. I think all of us that have grown for any amount of time has a large store of grow supplies that we do not use anymore. Why could you not get the "power spectrum of the LEDs"?

I have never even heard of a legitimate story of anyone getting busted by the power company for electricity usage, especially on small grows (say under 2000W or so). Most people get busted because they told someone or they were careless--smell, grow supplies/clippings/pots lying around, etc. I run 2 600W and do not even give my electric usage a thought--it is absolutely the very least of my concerns.

No problem :)
The Hemp Goddess said:
Why could you not get the "power spectrum of the LEDs"?
Haight only provides the relative intensity spectrum not the power spectrum. That spectrum looks quite good but it is the power spectrum that tells one what kind of “penetration” the light can provide across its spectrum. A perfect spectral distribution means nothing if it's wimpy.

Other than the thousands who read here I've told no one. But I expect my wife has her suspicions as to what I'm doing in the bathroom closet.

Other than the thousands who read here I've told no one. But I expect my wife has her suspicions as to what I'm doing in the bathroom closet.

Not a good Idea to be doing something like growing Weed if yur Wife dont know.

pawpaw said:
...... But I expect my wife has her suspicions as to what I'm doing in the bathroom closet....

:eek: It is bad bad mojo to grow without your wife's knowledge and consent. Your really really need to talk to her about this.m She can be arrested too if you are popped. This is just wrong. :hitchair::angrywife::hairpull:

I guess I'll have to hide the chairs and the rolling pins.

If you fear you can't tell her the truth, you shouldn't be doing it at all, that's bad all around! Is it worth your marriage, your own freedom if she finds out and turns you in...you know, there ARE things worse than a rolling pin or chair!

All comes down to respect and responsibility....imho

dman1234 said:
What if she needs to use the bathroom. :eek:

That's what the bushes outback are for..........:p

Seriously though.....if your wife gets pissed it is understandable. If she turns you in then you married the wrong woman....because that wld be F'd up big time.

Latest posts

Back