Flower with T5s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pawpaw

Reaction score
I'm going to augment my LED panels with HO T5s. Is any one here flowering with T5s and what (pseudo) color temp are you using.

thanks

pawpaw

I have. I used a 4ft 6 tube T5 setup with 3000K bulbs for Flower. 6500K for Vegg.
This plant was under those T5s @ about 6 weeks flower.

WeedHopper said:
I have. I used a 4ft 6 tube T5 setup with 3000K bulbs for Flower. 6500K for Vegg.
This plant was under those T5s @ about 6 weeks flower.

how many watts is each of your tubes? I see they can come into many different wattage for that length...

Typically the 4' T5s put out about 5000lumens and pull 54watts the 2' t5s are basically half that. If yer real space tight HTGsupply.com here in the States has a 2' 4bulb fixture that puts out 20,000lumens at 220watts total. Or yu can get individual bulb fixtures from accessdiscounts.com for $23 ea. and place as many as yu need and link as many as 8 together. And they produce very little heat in comparison to the HIDs or CFLs

Hushpuppy said:
Typically the 4' T5s put out about 5000lumens and pull 54watts the 2' t5s are basically half that. If yer real space tight HTGsupply.com here in the States has a 2' 4bulb fixture that puts out 20,000lumens at 220watts total. Or yu can get individual bulb fixtures from accessdiscounts.com for $23 ea. and place as many as yu need and link as many as 8 together. And they produce very little heat in comparison to the HIDs or CFLs

Actually a 4 bulb, 2 foot T5 uses 96 watts, and emits 8000 lumens.

HomieHogleg

pawpaw said:
I'm going to augment my LED panels with HO T5s. Is any one here flowering with T5s and what (pseudo) color temp are you using.

thanks

pawpaw

Unless one is going to be used as side lighting there is no way to augment with the other type as both will need to be as close as possible for best results.

Here is a schematic of what I am building. All the lights are enclosed in the same air cooled housing.

Light Box.jpg

cool layout, just be sure to use the reflectors from the T5, without them they lose lummens.

You get a much better Lums to Watt with T5's. Not sure ya need LEDs,,I would use more T5s..

WeedHopper said:
You get a much better Lums to Watt with T5's. Not sure ya need LEDs,,I would use more T5s..

:yeahthat:

The 2' 5000 lumen tubes that HTG puts out are a double tube called a P55.

WeedHopper said:

In truth the main reason I'm using the LEDs is that I already have them. But It is not fair to compare LEDs to other sources directly in terms of lumen values without comparing how the spectra of the lights' plot against the PAR

PAR :hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photosynthetically_active_radiation

Nice layout man, but since you plan to use all those fluro's I was kinda thinkin the same thing as Weed Hopper:

WeedHopper said:

Edit, beat me to the post:: OK, I thot maybe you already had 'em

Growdude said:
cool layout, just be sure to use the reflectors from the T5, without them they lose lummens.

I'm using the Sun-Blaster single bulb units. They are verylightweight and under an inch wide. The “housing” is highlyreflective aluminum. At the least I will paint the back-panel brightwhite. I'm going to do some experiments with applying some dualmetalized Mylar film with spray adhesive. If that tests out wellI'll do that.

And thanks, any other thoughts, suggestions?

pawpaw said:
I'm using the Sun-Blaster single bulb units. They are verylightweight and under an inch wide. The “housing” is highlyreflective aluminum. At the least I will paint the back-panel brightwhite. I'm going to do some experiments with applying some dualmetalized Mylar film with spray adhesive. If that tests out wellI'll do that.

If they are T5s, they are 5/8" in diameter--the number after the T denotes the diameter of the tube in 1/8"

Right, sorry I wasn't clear, < one inch describes the width of the fixture not the bulb which is, of course, 5/8 inch.

pawpaw said:
In truth the main reason I'm using the LEDs is that I already have them. But It is not fair to compare LEDs to other sources directly in terms of lumen values without comparing how the spectra of the lights' plot against the PAR

PAR :hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photosynthetically_active_radiation

Doesn't mean squat if it's severely underlit, though!

pawpaw said:

I use those sunblaster single units and love'em:D :cool:

Roddy said:
Doesn't mean squat if it's severely underlit, though!

Just as lumens don't mean squat if they are in the wrong part of the spectrum.

Latest posts

Back