Flowering clones - back to veg issues HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CVD1983

Reaction score
Hi,
Please HELP, I’m having some issues with my latest grow. Feel free to give me your experience, opinions and advice.

SETUP
* Room H-2.4m W-1m L-1.5m
*600W HPS
*Top Fed DWC system w/res
*Rockwool

I was recently given some large cuttings from a friend to help get a small grow room up and running. The cuttings were nothing like what I’ve handled in the past.
As the uploaded photo shows these cuttings are a nearly 3 foot well into flower plants in small pots.

F9E8AB46-A577-4D62-A4B3-F42EA59C60A2.png

Rather than use these (which was the original plan) I decided to take a couple smaller cuttings and put them in rockwool cubes under the light (like I’ve always done in past.)
Only difference is I’ve always taken my cuttings before the flowering stage.
People tell me you can cut clones in flower but it’s a first for me.
439E60CD-95A6-442A-BF4C-84CAF6476E93.jpeg 31D3FA40-360A-4A64-B7AB-6259A7772E10.png 3FE4915B-BD45-49AD-ABBE-BEE702D61B20.png
They have stayed reasonably healthy up until a few days ago. Leaves started to go pale yellow in patches. And the leaves look to be twisting.

I waited 7 -10 days with PHd water lightly every 3-4 days
I ’ve only just given them a very very mild dose of nutrient at 14 days.
( I don’t think it’s the nutrient causing the issues but I’m open to opinion.)

- Can anyone tell me if this is normal?

- How long can I expect to wait till I see new growth?

- Is cloning so far into flower a common practice?

- Does anyone have a better idea?

Attachments

• 32A522DF-5AF6-40B9-AB6C-B9A3A29EAD96.png
    32A522DF-5AF6-40B9-AB6C-B9A3A29EAD96.png
    266.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 8ACB16EC-F1A8-4339-849A-66C9E9BA4A22.jpeg
    8ACB16EC-F1A8-4339-849A-66C9E9BA4A22.jpeg
    46.2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Hi,
Please HELP, I’m having some issues with my latest grow. Feel free to give me your experience, opinions and advice.

SETUP
* Room H-2.4m W-1m L-1.5m
*600W HPS
*Top Fed DWC system w/res
*Rockwool

I was recently given some large cuttings from a friend to help get a small grow room up and running. The cuttings were nothing like what I’ve handled in the past.
As the uploaded photo shows these cuttings are a nearly 3 foot well into flower plants in small pots.

View attachment 253940

Rather than use these (which was the original plan) I decided to take a couple smaller cuttings and put them in rockwool cubes under the light (like I’ve always done in past.)
Only difference is I’ve always taken my cuttings before the flowering stage.
People tell me you can cut clones in flower but it’s a first for me.
View attachment 253941 View attachment 253942 View attachment 253943
They have stayed reasonably healthy up until a few days ago. Leaves started to go pale yellow in patches. And the leaves look to be twisting.

I waited 7 -10 days with PHd water lightly every 3-4 days
I ’ve only just given them a very very mild dose of nutrient at 14 days.
( I don’t think it’s the nutrient causing the issues but I’m open to opinion.)

- Can anyone tell me if this is normal?

- How long can I expect to wait till I see new growth?

- Is cloning so far into flower a common practice?

- Does anyone have a better idea?

Oh and the light distance was originally 4 ft is at 3 ft now lowering inch every day until 1 ft away. This has always worked in the past for me so I continue.

I’m very aware there’s cheaper options for cuttings and seedlings but honestly the small amount I’d save I cant be bothered!

I just checked my timer, I had water pump on 15mins every 6 hours. I have turned off completely and will watch over next few days.

I have taken cuttings in flower and they will take I always cut the big shade leaves of and cut the top shade leaves across in half to redirect energy to the plants roots instead of the shade leaves
Remember they have no roots so they cannot take enough water to keep the big leaves healthy so it is not uncommon for them to drop bigger leaves , I spray the tops of my clones with a spray bottle every second day until they get roots so they can take water through the leaves , fresh water for first week then EC02 -08 until roots appear then EC1 -1.2
I would of put them straight into smaller rockwool cubes then into the bigger blocks once the roots show through the bottom , I cant see in pictures but have you got soil inside the rockwool cubes

I have slowed water feed to only every 3 days. Also slowly lowered light to 20 inches. Keeping it there for now. Still alive after 3 weeks but looking stressed

Attachments

• 9BAF4904-7840-456E-8818-7DC12ECA025E.jpeg
    9BAF4904-7840-456E-8818-7DC12ECA025E.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 35
Taking cuts that far into flowering is always risky. All their energy is into flowering and not into rooting. It is far from ideal, and results will be accordingly.

I won’t be rushing to try it again that’s for sure. Take cuts in veg, that’s what I’ve learnt. Thanks again for imput

Latest posts

Back