flowering help please reply

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pop

Reaction score
hi i am just in the middle of sexing my plants and i am on the 12/12 timer. my question is how often do i have to feed them with BIO-BLOOM and BIO GROW?

i have 11 plants in total and there very good. i was told to spray on some nitrozine in the first week of flowering because it will excelerate the growth within a week. is this true and has anyone used it at all ?? also i am gonna add in some TOP MAX with the feed to increase the yeild

i just really need to know how much to feed them and if i should have dry days where i don't water or feed them?

Hey there pop.

Unless your plants already have some bud on them, using a bud booster is a waste, and could potentially harm the plants. As for spraying your plants, I never spray my indoor plants with anything.

As for how often to feed your plants, the best way to check is to stick your finger into the soil and inch or two, when that is dry, then its time to water.

If anything, MJ prefers to be a little drier than a little wetter.

Good luck, and if this doesn't help just ask more questions or send a PM my way.

yeah, If i'm not mistaken you should use veg nutes for the first three weeks of bud, I do.

hey insane check out penetrator by dutch master. i used to think yer way too but now....... i use folier feeding fer my EZ cloner so works on big plants too. as fer 3 weeks of veg feed into flower; thats nuts as you are not giving the proper nutients for the cycle and this could mean 1/2 of the total cycle. 1 week is commonly acceptable but not 3. i usually give a week of water on change over. and include the 36 hour dark preflower trick.

So don't use veg nutes for the first 3 weeks only the first? I remember a while ago people here were talking about that. I also use the 36 hour trick what do you mean about "i usually give a week of water on change over"

IMHO, It depends on your NPK Ratio. The plant still needs some nitrogen (not much) but some for flowering. The Bloom fert I use is GH Maxi-bloom which has an NPK of 5-15-14. Then I use just straight water for the last week or so. I use clones for flower, so I never give a "Veg. Nute" with a high "N" ratio. Too much "N" can make the buds harsh to smoke.

The first 2-3 weeks of flowering, plants go through a "growth spurt". That is the reasoning behind a slighly higher nitrogen ratio during that time. I 'have' had premature yellowing in some strains on occasion, which I contributed to lack of nitogen, during the stretch.

ok its like this: for a 8 - 9 week strain; i usually take it off in 8 weeks total or 9 weeks. i start from clone and give it 1 part N, 1 part K, and 1 part P the first week, then i go to 3 parts N and 2 parts K and 1 part P for the second week. = this is general hydroponic 3 part chem. there is N also in the K. if it is a sativa dom hybrid then 1 more week of veg mix but if it is indica dom then 1 feed and then water only for this week to include the 36 hour preflower trick. BUT i flip the lights to 12/12 for the indica dom at the end of the second week therefore its getting 3 weeks veg feed but only 2 weeks veg light. did i explain this right? same for the sativa dom but with water only that first week. for the remainder of the crop the K is constant at 2 parts until flush. the last 2 weeks are water only.

3 weeks veg food + 3 weeks flower food + 2 weeks water only = 8 weeks
2 weeks veg light + 6 weeks or 7 weeks flower light = 8 - 9 weeks

carz said:
can you explain the 36 hour trick?
I think they are giving them 36hours of darkness before switching to 12hour lights

and canso wins the big 1. correct my friend. 36 hours of darkness will trigger preflower instead of waiting up to 2 weeks fer preflower. the flowers start to form in 4 plus days

Not always the case. I've had a plant have 36 hrs. before and still take a week or so to show.

yup i have had this too, i think its the strain or sometimes a possible freak?

Latest posts

Back