Flowering in Dark

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

villa029

Reaction score
My plant is about 5 weeks into flowering. I went on vacation on Dec 22 and accidentally left the timer off. I gave it a good watering before taking off, but it was left w/o light. The leaves are droopy at the tips. Should I start it back up on light cycle? It was about 3 weeks into flowering and buds were developing nicely but still too small to harvest. It was left w/o light for about 12 days. Should I settle with what I got and harvest or start it back up on 12/12 and hope for bigger buds?

dude your plant is done.. sorry. light is a requirment. good luck on your next one

The plant is still looks healthy w/ just a few leaves curling down and under at the tips. If your saying its done, then should I cut it down and harvest it? What effect would putting back on 12/12 cycle have on the plant. Will it keep on developing its buds?

villa029 said:
The plant is still looks healthy w/ just a few leaves curling down and under at the tips. If your saying its done, then should I cut it down and harvest it? What effect would putting back on 12/12 cycle have on the plant. Will it keep on developing its buds?
IMHO i would check the trichromes and see how far they have gotten. If you are seeing clear which i'm sure you will i would put it back under the 12/12 lighting. The worst thing that could happen is your plant might hermie on ya.

i had a plant last year that i did the same thing with. when i put it back on the lighting schedule.. the damage was already done. It would not grow back normally due to photosynesis deficiencies in the stage at that time. Who knows, maybe your plant is strong. Mine wasnt.

I'd try it... at least with one... for science sakes!

a cpl years back, I had a situation arise where it was required that I keep my mothers out of site for several days. I locked them inside of a shed with no windows for 9 days.
I hadn't a lot of hope for them, but with a little coaxing and tlc, they DID survive, a bit wors for the wear, but they did live.

Latest posts

Back