Flowering now…. Lights too close

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fella

Reaction score
Hiya all, I’ve moved my plants in to flowering now, but they did grow a bit bigger that I wanted. The plants are now a bit too close to my light.:rolleyes:

So my question is: What do I do, do I trim them, or not bother? :confused: I’m not massively fussed if my harvest is down, it no big deal!

weeds 001.jpg

weeds 007.jpg

fella said:
Hiya all, I’ve moved my plants in to flowering now, but they did grow a bit bigger that I wanted. The plants are now a bit too close to my light.:rolleyes:

So my question is: What do I do, do I trim them, or not bother? :confused: I’m not massively fussed if my harvest is down, it no big deal![/quotedude they look no where nere done so i owuld rais the lights if u can..if it bursn your hand when u put it level with the canopy then its to hot for your plants..600watts 2-3 foot is fine..u can use string and tie them down if u cant raise the light..just use some string and drill some holes in the top edge of your pots//then u can thred the string through the hole and tie your plants down.

Hiya sorry i should of said my lights are as high as they will go....:rolleyes:

If your lights are at their highest point, I can't see that you have much choice, but to either top them [cut off the highest bud(s)], which will shock the plant and set it back a bit; or you'll have to do a late-in-the-day LST (low stress training), which amounts to pulling the highest branches over and down with string, yarn, or some material that will not bruise the stems, just as "monkey" stated.

Cheers guys, i've just pulled them down and exposed loads more buds on the plant... cheers

if you keep having this problem an aircooled reflector works great and allows the plants to get much closer to the light. mine are 1 foot away from my 600 watt hps and they are loving every minute of it!

Latest posts

Back