Flowering question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PotSmokinSaint

P.P.H.S. Member
Reaction score
Well I just took a few clones from my "mother" plants and had a question. Even though the clones are small can I still flower them instead of the mother plants to see what sex they are? Thanks

sure can dont even need to wait for roots.

just place then under 12/12 and they will root and show their sex

Awwww man thanks guys. I'm so excited to find the sex of them. One is northern lights and the other is sweet pu$$y kush(OG cross). I'll keep you guys posted on the results.

I'm a little confused. Do you have a "mother" or do you have unsexed plants that you are trying to sex? Also, at 2 months, which is about 9 weeks, your plants should be showing preflowers. Are you familiar with what males and female preflowers look like?

:yeahthat:
i have found that generally a plant will show sex around 4-6 wks..
have had one or 2 show later but thats not too common..

LH

Thats why i asked how old it was, the NL should already be showing sex and the other very soon if not already, imo.

Okay let me explain a little. I am keeping them in veg and they are unsexed. Yes I am familiar with sexing plants but the question was would I be able to start flowering a clone even though it is still so small?

yes you can. What the others are saying is "that most plants will show their sex at the 4 to 6 weeks of age even when they are kept in vegging."

LEFTHAND said:
:yeahthat:
i have found that generally a plant will show sex around 4-6 wks..
have had one or 2 show later but thats not too common..

LH

Agreed!

PotSmokinSaint said:
Okay let me explain a little. I am keeping them in veg and they are unsexed. Yes I am familiar with sexing plants but the question was would I be able to start flowering a clone even though it is still so small?

Yes, clones can be put directly into 12/12 as they are the same biological age as the plant they came from. They will yield a lot less as they will stay quite small.

Our point was that at the age your plants are you really should be seeing signs of sex, regardless of whether you still have them in veg.

so let me see if i understand your dilemma..
you have a "mother/plant" that is unsexed but you wanna know if you can put it into flower ASAP???

does this "mother/plant" have alternading nodes?
if so then you should be seeing pre flowers soon if not already...

also a "mother/host" plant is generally been sexed n ran B4 it becomes a host..

and like THG said you can pop a clone into flower as soon as she pops roots...
LH

PotSmokinSaint said:

You asked if u could flower them to find sex, the mom's will show sex in veg before the clones you flower most likely, imo.

Latest posts

Back