Flowering Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i like it, i like it. i will definetely agree to disagree on some aspects though. of course this goes much wider than mj- that needs little clarification.

but i know what you mean, our opinions are usually all shaped firmly on what we have learned in our individual experiences.

but i personally, as far as the anatomy of the plant goes believe there is a difference between training techniques, and that not simply tieing down the plant any way shape or form is "low stress."

of course i feel your base concept when explaining; something that i definetely missed in my post- that is, that it is more the interaction between the grower and plant rather than specific technique.

and i understand that you stress that if it doesnt have to do with harming the plant it is low stress. but like we both agree, i was taught differently. and imo training and tying in certain ways can stress a plant just as much as topping and pruning. i think it goes deeper than that, atleast in the plants eyes.

and im definetely more firm on my opinion on this because when i learned what LST was, it was a keyholed defined method of a specific training technique, with pictures of the desired vine outcome; that was different than other training techniques.

believe me, i know what your sayin. but of course you could understand why i would continue to think this, simply because this is how it was explained, and learned, and i have never heard otherwise.

any reference to LST in my travels (not literally) has led to the same vining out technique- seemingly different than other methods, or preferences in tying down- and it was done so more slowly and gradually, leading me to the understanding of why it was low stress training, and not just another form of training.

u know what i mean? so dont get me wrong, i respect where you come from. and of all people i understand truth comes in many forms on this subject, and many subjects for that matter . so i believe you are right just as much as i may be.

but this is my understanding. and i believe that there is a difference between training, and low stress training- all which have to do with tying down. surely one could either train a plant nicely, and gradually, resulting in less stress- and one could train it harshly and more agressively reulsting in more stress.

but since i for one have never heard of topping or pruning as 'training' - then surely in my mind, 'low stress training' cannot be just any kind of tying down that doesnt have to do with harming the plant. but rather specific techniques in training, different from eachother in relation to stress.

if done slowly, and gradually, the stem will inevitably woodout meaning bending can no longer really happen- this to me would show 'low stress training'.

where as bending in multiple directions over and over keeping the stems pliable would show me a higher stressed training technique.

just preference- but much respect my friend, dont get me wrong :)

You might be right ob1.... but I've seen a plant after being tied down turn to the light after a couple hours.... that is not much shock imho if it is still growing that quickly.... and that was in a soil grow... god knows how fast they'd scoot around in hydro. =)

hah definetely.

fer sure it isnt going to be bad either way usually , but one can asume based on the actual physical acts taking place. i dont think i have first hand seen any plant ive trained in any way go into shock.

they usually always pop up in a fair amount of time

and lord knows how widely its going to very between strain, plant, grower, and enviroment.

they all get the job done though, i dont think any training is bad at all if done correctly. i have more viewed it as a way to designate techs. and ya know it might not go into shock, but that doesnt mean it isnt going through more stress.

but hey that could be the best fn way to go. i always heard a little stress in the right spot always does the buds good ;)

Latest posts

Back