flowering to show sex? plz help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carz

Reaction score
I have heard of 2 ways to easily tell the sex of your plants. one way is to take the mother out of vegitative state, flower it then when it shows its sex, kill it if its male. if its female put it back into the vegitative room and use its clones.

the other way i have seen it done was to get a plant, clone it, and flower the clone to see its sex. which way is better or does anyone have better ideas?

no expert here, but from what i have been told by the good ppl here is those are the two ways. what i have read from other forums is that its not a good idea to reveg a mother. many sources have stated this including some guy thats suppose to be a cannabis guru - jorge cervantes. i think its credible info - so yeah - clone.

I agree with Mac'..."Regeneration" is unnatural and may cause stress, which can have negative results. A clone can be "sexed" without even rooting, if you so desire. Simply place it in a glass of water and immediatly under 12/12.

Hick said:
I agree with Mac'..."Regeneration" is unnatural and may cause stress, which can have negative results. A clone can be "sexed" without even rooting, if you so desire. Simply place it in a glass of water and immediatly under 12/12.

Ok sorry for butting in here but i need to know the same thing. So Hick all you need to do is take a healthy cutting and place it in a (phed) glass of water and 24/0. Nutes? Can it be under flors? What lenth does the cutting need to be?

not 24/0 lights 12/12 are what you need and yes just a glass of water is all you need but why not just clone it if your going to cut that way if it is fem you got a new plant

learnin to gro said:
not 24/0 lights 12/12 are what you need and yes just a glass of water is all you need but why not just clone it if your going to cut that way if it is fem you got a new plant

Ok. Thats what i ment to say 12/12. Yea that would be ok but not all of my plants are ready to be cloned yet there not big enough. So if i only clone the plants that are big enough then i will be using my light to grow only 5 plants at the most and Thats if there female. So i would rather wait untill i can get enough clones to fill my flood table. because i want all my plants that are in the rooting stage to be the same age. so when they go into the veg stage there the same age... and so on.

you might be better off just waiting till your plants show preflowers that way when you cut em they are all the same age

Latest posts

Back