flowering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chong420

Reaction score
how rapid is the growth of the plant during the flowering stage? say you have a plant that is about 2 to 3 feet tall..i've read that during the flowering stage, you can expect rapid growth..soo, would it shoot up to say 4 to 5 feet? or does rapid growth really even occur? just wondering, so when i do flower, i don't run out of height for the plant..

I love this question. Yes dude, It goes through a series of "stretches" This is when the plant packs on the wight, if Ht. is an issue you may want to top it before initiating the flower schedule. If not you need to tie the top down and do LST (Low Stress Training) of the plant to offset the ht. restriction. Check out B. Grunts grow journal. He has plants both topped and trained and untopped (natural). Sativas can get really tall, while Indicas are more short and bushy. ;) Hybrids are a mixture of both and can range from 4-6 feet in ht. if left to grow naturally.

Mine grew approx 6 inches in the first 5 days flowering, this is with 250w HPS unit.

niiice..thanks for the info., now i know..unfortunately i have yet to experience the flowering process..but now i know for future reference..so its a safe bet, in an eight foot height grow space..damn..i gotta raise that closet bar!..

chong420 said:
niiice..thanks for the info., now i know..unfortunately i have yet to experience the flowering process..but now i know for future reference..so its a safe bet, in an eight foot height grow space..damn..i gotta raise that closet bar!..
Don't forget to count the height of the container, the height between the top of the plant and the lens of the light and the height of the light and the distance the light has to be from the ceiling. With an 8 foot ceiling, you should start your flowering cycle when the plants are about 24 inches tall. They will use all of your height up by the time you harvest them.

Latest posts

Back