Flowering?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The label in the lower right of the pic appears to say ‘Aut’. Is the ‘o’ cropped out of the pic? As in ‘Auto’?

Edit:My bad. It says ‘Aurora’...

There ya go...its an auto.
Lesso and Oldfogey8, my wife decided to name the plants. They are named after Disney princesses. Actually it’s supposed to be a feminized Sour Diesel. I have 4 SD and 2 Black Domina. I’m not saying that an auto seed didn’t get in there but I didn’t buy it. Hey we’ll see what happens

After looking at them this morning, I believe they must have sent me autoflowering instead of feminized. It looks like I have 3 of the 4 sour diesel starting to flower. So I guess I'll switch the lighting schedule and hope they grow more during flowering

After looking at them this morning, I believe they must have sent me autoflowering instead of feminized. It looks like I have 3 of the 4 sour diesel starting to flower. So I guess I'll switch the lighting schedule and hope they grow more during flowering

I believe you are supposed to keep the light schedule on 16/8 for autos.

Edit: 18/6, not 16/8.

Last edited:
i have not grown autoflowers but a quick search of the whirled wild inner web says 18/6, 20/4, or even 24/0. personally i would go with 24 on, 0 off but as i say, i have not grown autos...

Hi steve1!
I'd say you probably have autos.
As for lighting schedules.....
I've grown autos indoors and I find they like as much light as you can give them (up to a point) for as long as you can. 24/0 is what I used with pretty good results.
Currently I have all photos going but soon as spring hits I'm gonna put a couple autos outdoors

i have not grown autoflowers but a quick search of the whirled wild inner web says 18/6, 20/4, or even 24/0. personally i would go with 24 on, 0 off but as i say, i have not grown autos...
I am the first to admit that I am learning every day and I follow a lot of the advice that I read on these forums. I have no problem leaving the lights on 24/0 but I was under the impression that once they are flowering or you want them to flower you should go 12/12

That only applies to regular photoperiod plants. Auto flowering plants genetically are encoded to begin flowering regardless of the amount of light. The more light will equate to larger plants and therefore larger yield.

That is true for photos.
Autos flower without decreasing light hours.
Actually autos do better with longer light schedules as they need NO dark time.
Just like vegging photos.

The gentlemen who replied above know better than I do but are of the same opinion. Hopefully you were not shipped photoperiod seeds along with the autos. I don’t think they mix well unless you plan on vegging the photos for as long as you run the autos(which would be a very long veg period-doable but not recommended-see my current thread on the mother scrog I am growing).

The gentlemen who replied above know better than I do but are of the same opinion. Hopefully you were not shipped photoperiod seeds along with the autos. I don’t think they mix well unless you plan on vegging the photos for as long as you run the autos(which would be a very long veg period-doable but not recommended-see my current thread on the mother scrog I am growing).
The 4 sour diesel's are from a different shipment. I have 2 Black Domina's growing that are from same supplier just a different shipment. I grew 6 of the BD last grow with out any issues but I didn't feel they grew to there most potential as it was my 1st real grow . I'm hoping that increasing the light schedule for the tent would also benefit those 2. I only have 1 grow room

Always grow Autos on a 24/0 light schedule. Like Umbra said more light more yield. One of the biggest problems I had with Autos and why I stopped growing them is any little thing that stunts or slows growth hurts yield since they are on a set number of days. That and the fact that you can't clone them.

Latest posts

Back