fluorescent horizontal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emuman

Reaction score
I was wondering if it would be helpful or hurtful, I have 3 four foot fixtures, two bulbs per fixture, and Im thinking about running them horizontal for the remainder of my grow, I mean having my plant in the center being triangulated with light, the reason for this is that while my lights are 4 feet long my plant is not 4 feet wide, tho it is aprox 4 feet tall, any opinion will be welcomed

don't ya mean vertical? and more light the better as long as it is not shining up from the bottom

pcduck said:
don't ya mean vertical? ...

:eek: um.. yeah thats...thats what I said vertical, after a bowl one should always proof read before posting in a public forum

but yeah I was planning on hanging the lights on an angle so they follow the tapering(or is it contour?) of the plant like this -> / l \ or / ^ \ which ever makes sense to anyone besides me, in my poorly typed schematic the lights are represented as slashes

sounds good! let us know how it works for ya..
what kind of lights are they?
standard florescents?
or were they made for plants?

I did the vertical flo thing for a while and it did help the buds on the bottom and inside a little not enough for the extra electricity.

ishnish said:
sounds good! let us know how it works for ya..
what kind of lights are they?
standard florescents?
or were they made for plants?

4 of the bulbs are those "full spectrum deluxe" for aquarium or plants bulbs
and 2 are the standard daylight

Latest posts

Back