Flush a plant?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoobieSnax

Reaction score
Just wondering how you go about properly flushin a plant... Thanks guys

slowly pour 3-5 times the amount of ph adjusted water, as your pot holds, through your medium.
e.g...a 5 gallon pot requires at least 15 gallon. Flush untill your drainage water is clear, at least.

Awsome... Thanks alot Hick. Appreciate the speedy reply and the info.

i better start doing a better job myself then . i just been flushing mine out like 1 gallon of water to my 4 gallon pot . i better be getting water hose out lol.

When do you flush your plant? Only if it is over fed with nutrience? That is the only time I have heard of. Did I answer my own question?

I flush 2 weeks prior to harvest, then just water with spring water. That way I'm sure that all fertilizers are out of the soil and won't make the bud harsh to smoke.

Mutt said:
I flush 2 weeks prior to harvest, then just water with spring water. That way I'm sure that all fertilizers are out of the soil and won't make the bud harsh to smoke.

Interesting.

Have you invested in a volcano? They are only about $700 and it will save your health...and the "harshness"!

My old lady would never for a 500-700 buck vaporizor.

To clarify. It is good practice to flush the plant two weeks prior to eliminate the fertilizer (mainly non-organic). I am not a pure organic gardner. I just know that those non-organics in my bud make it taste nasty and harsh where if I flush it 2 weeks before (by then it started its dying process) it turn out great. I know that non-organics are sort of force fed and organics the plant takes what it needs.

Mutt said:
My old lady would never for a 500-700 buck vaporizor.

To clarify. It is good practice to flush the plant two weeks prior to eliminate the fertilizer (mainly non-organic). I am not a pure organic gardner. I just know that those non-organics in my bud make it taste nasty and harsh where if I flush it 2 weeks before (by then it started its dying process) it turn out great. I know that non-organics are sort of force fed and organics the plant takes what it needs.
I will flush mine to try this out. I use organic everything, but I love a smooth flavor. I will do as you say because 2 minds are better than one.
PS...I have not gotten a vapor. yet either but I know someone who has one. I am getting one very soon. If I find a websight that offers a better price I will let you know. I know it sounds like alot of money, but it is better for your health in the long run.

Latest posts

Back