flushing question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockydog

Grower at Heart
Reaction score
I flushed lastnight, how long should I wait to give the first feeding. Plants are 3 weeks into flower.

rockydog said:
I flushed lastnight, how long should I wait to give the first feeding. Plants are 3 weeks into flower.
I would wait until they need to be watered again before giving any nutes.

my 2 girls 3 weeks in, as you can see one is like 26-28" while the other is around 4.5 ft tall. Sorry my camera aint that good

Pictured358.jpg

Pictured349.jpg

Pictured355.jpg

Pictured357.jpg

oh and all budshots were taken off small plant. Buuds are much larger and denser on this plant. I am wakin and bakin my friends, come join me

1st pic is the reason I flushed 2 nights ago. A few of the leaves were worse than that.
Pictures1049.jpgPictures1039.jpg

A few more, and now I am done until they are closer to finish. The are 22 days now out of 55-60. Getting very excited. There is a lot of tricomes showing where the leaf meets the calyx and it is definately starting to frost the leaves up. Next grow I will do a Journal since my camera is repaired:)

Pictures1054.jpg

Pictures1057.jpg

Pictures1055.jpg

Pictures1056.jpg

if your plants are 3 weeks into flowering you are very late . i try to give mine triple phosphate a week before i decide to start flowering them.

During the first couple weeks of flowering, plants need nitrogen rich (growing/veg formula) nutrients to accomadate for the growing spurt(stretch) associated with the earliest flowering phase..."IMHO"
I only "flush" if there is an over nute burn, ph issues or a salinity buildup. I need a reason to flush. I don't do it because it was rcommended or someone said I should. Drowning the roots and washing away all of the fertilizers that the plant uses, and that I just applied, just never has seemed productive to me.
I usually up pot into fresh soil in 3-5 gallon containers 1 week to 10 days prior to switching to 12/12. Then feed veg ferts at about 1/2 strength, every other watering, for 2 weeks into 12's before starting the flowering formula. (1/2 strength because FFOF is loaded with organic nutrients)
I do usually stop fertilizing atall for the final two weeks of flowering, unless I'm makeing seeds. Plants producing seeds need a full spectrum of nutes throughoout the grow to make nice big viable seeds.

this is continuance from another thread. it messed me up till i checked

Damn dog you have a very nice garden if i do say so myself. Ladies are looking great man keep it up.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the boost of confidence for this first grow. It definately hasnt been smooth sailing. These plants seem to burn if you just look at them wrong.

I definately had nute burn, badly Hick. That is something I hope to never have to do again. One of em is growing bud very productively now, the other is stretching again and not packing on weight. Soil is still moist so it will probably be like another 3 days until they are ready, do you'll think they will be ok?

rockydog said:
rockydog i will let hick answer you since the question was directed to him . but please state your threads clearly . yours made it sound like you have never even used nutes before and some of us dont have time to read past threads from everyone to know whats going on in there grow . ty and my apoligies for misinterpretating you sentence.:confused:

I pulled these two threads together to help avoid confusion, rockydog.

Sounds like you have corrected the problem, they should be fine.

rockydog said:
I definately had nute burn, badly Hick. That is something I hope to never have to do again.
Nute burn seems to be the most common problem for all growers. I've noticed that the white strains seem to be more sensitive to it then others.

I'm glad you got yours under control man.

You're on the home stretch!

Good luck to you!

Hey Rock...your grow is looking great man...As a relative rookie myself I have learned that MJ growing as well as any gardening is trial and error to find what works best for you. Being your first grow it is good you experienced the problems you did because it made you a better grower..However where would most of use be if we didnt have the guidance of some of the fine growers and genuine people we have here at the MP...Props to the guys (and gals) who make this thing work in harmony...you know who you are! Peace Out and Bless!

noticed the thread thingy as i did it the other day and ms. mod caught it but did not have time to notify. for fertilysers - watch yer top leaves fer yellow tips or curl. if ya see this go to water. most sativas ya can feed ferts almost every day but indicas are 1 fert, 1 water only and then watch.

Latest posts

Back