flushing seedlings

djsmokey

Active Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2006
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
hey all i was just wondering is it ok 2 flush out 2 week old seedlings?i know it has to be done but im not sure if i should at such a young age
 
T

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT

Guest
djsmokey said:
hey all i was just wondering is it ok 2 flush out 2 week old seedlings?i know it has to be done but im not sure if i should at such a young age
Why do you want to flush them?
 

djsmokey

Active Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2006
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
i dont have a ph tester to test the soil so i think it might be high or the soil has too much nutes but i was thinking of flushing the soil to see if they would get better because they havent grown in a few days and have yellow leaves but if theres any chance they might get hurt not a hope
 

turfsire

notthegreatestbuttsurecut
Joined
Sep 3, 2006
Messages
186
Reaction score
20
it would be wise to flush after four week then start nutes a few days later.
u must start ordering food like semsizymes and organic bloom b52 and big bud but that starts on the 12/12 cycle call me for more info G:)
 

turfsire

notthegreatestbuttsurecut
Joined
Sep 3, 2006
Messages
186
Reaction score
20
whats new local gawker..**** the night
 

Hick

Git "R" lit
Joined
Apr 19, 2005
Messages
12,839
Reaction score
12,637
I don't recommend, nor do I ever "flush" my plants, "unless" I see a problem. Flushing removes the nutrients and usefull/beneficial micro-organism from the soil, deprives the root system of oxygen and stresses the plant in general.
None of which I find beneficial to growth or health. It just seems many growers are far too anxious to flush their plants far too often.."IMHO". If they are growing with out any signs of over nute, a ph problem or a salt buildup...
"leave them alone"..absolutely no need to flush. Nothing beneficial can become of depriving your plant of the essential in the proper proportions.
 

turfsire

notthegreatestbuttsurecut
Joined
Sep 3, 2006
Messages
186
Reaction score
20
djsmokey said:
i dont have a ph tester to test the soil so i think it might be high or the soil has too much nutes but i was thinking of flushing the soil to see if they would get better because they havent grown in a few days and have yellow leaves but if theres any chance they might get hurt not a hope
djsmokey the best way to heal those leafs is a old formula i have add half a glass of bleach to 2 litres of water it helps the root system to blow out:cool:
 

Mutt

Just a Dawg
Joined
Jan 6, 2006
Messages
9,331
Reaction score
5,025
turfsire said:
djsmokey the best way to heal those leafs is a old formula i have add half a glass of bleach to 2 litres of water it helps the root system to blow out:cool:

Huh??? I NEVER heard of this one. I couldn't even drink that much less how would a plant survive this brutal treatment. I would need to see some documented research regarding this one.
 

KADE

Aero Lord
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
1,924
Reaction score
124
I 2nd that... u try drinking half a glass of bleach to 2 litres of water and see if you survive. (dont actually try that) and I'm going to guess humans have a better immune system then plants.
 

Hick

Git "R" lit
Joined
Apr 19, 2005
Messages
12,839
Reaction score
12,637
I think "turfsire" could use some "Nair" in his shampoo bottle..maybe some "Icy Hot" in his jockstrap...
that has to be at least as humorous as bleach to a plant..;)
 

Mutt

Just a Dawg
Joined
Jan 6, 2006
Messages
9,331
Reaction score
5,025
I think we just need to dispell this one bfore anyone tries this.

Bleach Facts:
Wikipedia said:
Hazards

A problem with chlorine is that it reacts with organic material to form trihalomethanes like chloroform, which is a well known carcinogen. There is debate over whether any risk from the chloroform in treated drinking water is worth the benefits. However, the use of elemental chlorine in industrial processes such as paper bleaching, with its attendant production of organochlorine-persistent organic pollutants (including dioxins), does not have any benefits. As a consequence over 80 % of the woodpulp is nowadays bleached with chlorine dioxide, reducing the dioxin generation under detectable level.

Chlorine is a respiratory irritant. It also attacks mucus membranes and burns the skin. As little as 3.5 ppm can be detected as an odor, and 1000 ppm is likely to be fatal after a few deep breaths. Exposure to chlorine should not exceed 0.5 ppm (8-hour time-weighted average - 40 hour week).

Another hazard is the formation of acrid chloramine fumes when hypochlorite bleach comes into contact with ammonia or urine, which, though not nearly as dangerous as chlorine, can cause severe respiratory distress.



PH Level: 12.5







A PH OF 12.5 :eek:



That is 2X what is optimum for herb!!!! Can We say torched?
 

KADE

Aero Lord
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
1,924
Reaction score
124
haha.. and mixed with the wrong chemicals creates the deadly chlorine gas... no color odor or signs... just death.
 

Latest posts

Top