flushing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shimmz22

Reaction score
hey guys, i am about to harvest my autos and had a question about flushing. I am currently growing in soil in 3gallon pots and for nutes have used bontanicare pure blend pro. I recently flushed them yesterday with 9gallons of fresh water. My question is, some of my plants look ready now and i would like to harvest them. Some people say they wait a week to 10 days after flushing then harvest and then i have seen some threads where people say they dont even flush at all. I would like to harvest ASAP anyone have any thoughts?

Have you checked the trichs with a microscope to see if they are really ready?

Most of us here do not do a pre-harvest flush. I personally do not flush my plants unless they have been overnuted.

why not a pre harvest flush? Also, i have read that some growers report that they lose weight by flushing. Anyone know if this is true?

there wont be a differnce between the flushed and the non flushed plants.....weight, taste, high...

unless overnuted it wont affect taste either. instead of flushing just stop nuting toward the end of flowering.

plants don't need a flush imo/e. once a plant puts on weight except for drying and loosing moisture or rottening it can't loose weight

check the trics, if they are the color that you like harvest them. I do not flush in either my dwc or organic grows. I would never flush my plants unless I over-nuted them.

shimmz22 said:
why not a pre harvest flush? Also, i have read that some growers report that they lose weight by flushing. Anyone know if this is true?
I had to do a flush one time so that I could get a colonoscopy but suprisingly I didn't lose but a couple pounds. :hubba: That flushing was nooooo fun :eek:

Hushpuppy said:
I had to do a flush one time so that I could get a colonoscopy but suprisingly I didn't lose but a couple pounds. :hubba: That flushing was nooooo fun :eek:

:rofl: :rofl:

i dont see any benefit to flushing before harvest your about to chop it up i dont think anything this late would make any seriouse changes. i just got a new book that mentions flushing during the grow to rinse out built up salts. it says to flush with fresh water then a lite nute mixture. im ganna try it out rite before i switch to 12/12 light. ill let you know if i notice a change from not flushing

this debate is 2 days older than dirt.. flush vs dont flush.. everyone says something different about this.. depends on who you ask really.. to be honest with U i think flushing maybe is only needed in soil.. im not a soil grower so i dont really know 2 much about that..

Hydro.. as a hydro grower i can give you my point of view about flushing.. its pointless.. ive done it all.. flushed for the last 3 days.. flushed for the last week.. flushed for a week and a half.. not flushed at all.. ive changed the water every day during the flush period and ive not changed it at all.. ive done all these things with the same strain from the same mother plant of O.G. Kush and this is what ive found... it makes no difference.. if you dry and cure correctly it will smoke the same.. taist the same.. smell the same.. with or without flush.. it will look the same as far as the color and texture and stuff.. the only thing that might happen is the buds might swell a little bit more in the last week if still given full nutes.. even this last week growth i really dont think the change is very much if any at all.. ive had BIG beautiful buds and turned out rite around the same total crop weight from doing it all different ways..

Play around with it.. see what you like..

I didn't flush my soil grow this time (due to popular suggestion) and I didn't notice a difference. Here nor there.

Flushing is more of a preference rather than a necessity. Some say it improves tastes and helps plants finish flowering. While others say it does absolutely nothing. I have flushed and I have not flushed and I'll tell you my experience. Flushing does nothing that I noticed.... IMO

I prefer to recycle my soil and doing research on flushing. As far as I can tell it will rinse salt build up your plant and nutes leave in the soil. If your just using fresh soil every time. I don't think it will make any real impact. So its based on a case to case basis.

Do you flush your homegrown vegetables before you harvest them? I never do...And flushing is not a soil grower's vs. hydro argument, it's a chem-based vs. organic (or natural if u will...) debate, imo/e...lol. I will literally feed it up to the point I'm set to chop (course i'm organic).

p.s. I only flush it down if it's brown...:rofl:

Good point green. I didn't even consider if it only applied to Chen instead of organic. I'll research it.

Latest posts

Back