flushing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sour Deez

Reaction score
I'm about 12 days to harvest on some autos been feeding gh3part in Happy Frog soil since they were about 3wks old. Was wondering when should I flush and how? Or if I should even flush at all. I read some people don't flush. What do you guys do?

Most here do not flush and that is with hydro........ I don't flush my soil...... with proper cure you'll never know the difference.

I personally flush for a solid 12 days.

NorCalHal said:
I personally flush for a solid 12 days.

Can you detail ? This because the concept of flushing is different from grower to grower.

Last week to ten days I flush..(just ph water)...3 gal bag gets 2qrts h20 every day....then nothing for last 2 days..just how I do it...If I have an issue and need to flush the plant...use 3 times the soil...ie...3 gal bag would need 9 gallons water:aok: hope this helps

take care and be safe

I am part of the group who doesn't flush....

For me, flushing really helps swell the calyx and really adds girth to the buds.
IMO, nuits are simply not needed the last couple of weeks at all.
I have ran grows that I have flushed, and not flushed, and the only difference is not flushing just seems to swell the buds a little bigger. It is hard to say if I gained weight or not, just from simple observation.

Another big reason, for me, is running nuits till the end is just wasting nuits.

By "flushing" at the end of a cycle just means I feed nothing but stright water at the end, not a full blown"flush". A full blown flush to me means you run water thru your medium until nothing but clean water comes out.
Hope that makes sense.

NorCalHal said:
For me, flushing really helps swell the calyx and really adds girth to the buds.
I have ran grows that I have flushed, and not flushed, and the only difference is not flushing just seems to swell the buds a little bigger. It is hard to say if I gained weight or not, just from simple observation.

Another big reason, for me, is running nuits till the end is just wasting nuits.

By "flushing" at the end of a cycle just means I feed nothing but stright water at the end, not a full blown"flush". A full blown flush to me means you run water thru your medium until nothing but clean water comes out.
Hope that makes sense.

Yeah I can see the not wanting to waste nutrients on plants that are coming down soon. I hve 5 plants coming down this week and their last feed was Sunday. They are coasting on water til the chop. When I say flush I am talking like 4u, excess water run through the medium for the purpose of flushing salts and what not. This I don't do. I do like to let them coast on water though. jmo

I have found that on the first couple runs of a new strain, I will not flush at the end as I am not exactly sure how long they will go before harvesting. Once I am sure of the time frame then I may flush if I think it will help. The last few times that I did flush on some then not on others, once it was cured, I couldn't tell much difference. :)

NorCalHal said:

Hope that makes sense.
bigger calyx when starved? this is interesting, I never noticed this. I don't flush anymore, the taste of my cured buds is amazing, perfect, makes me salivate, I doubt it can get any better...

Thanks for the respones guys. Can anyone give me a link to a sure fire "Perfect Cure" method please Id appreciate it bros and gals!

Latest posts

Back