Flushing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadoed

peeking out
Reaction score
Does anybody add anything to their water for flushing soil-grown plants? I've tried a sample of FF BushDoctor Sledgehammer given to me by my local hydro-store guy but can't really tell if it's doing anything more than just plain ph-adjusted water would do.

Also, if you have a plant you suspect of being nutrient-locked, how long after flushing would you expect to see an improvement?

water with plain h2o for at least a week before you chop. i water sometimes 10 days with just plain water- no clensers no dumping gallons and gallons of water on them....

just water regularly and let the plant use up all of its stored nutes.

Thanks for that, but I guess I should've been more clear. My plants are nowhere near the cutting stage and are in fact only about 5 weeks into veg. One is showing signs of being nute-locked, so I was wondering if anyone added anything to their flush water to help with unlocking. Other than pH-correcting, of course.

Ph balanced water last 10-14 days does me good with 2 good flushes duing those days to get rid of salt build up in the soil. This may be a bit of overkill though.

Not a soil pro here but you want to flush with water that is nuetral in food (NPK) and good in PH, one you're normal, feed.
This offers me another question. Does anyone use Flora-Kleen type stuff on soil?

Latest posts

Back