Flushing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmooney

Reaction score
Should i flush in greenhouse raised beds
Week 6 blueberry looks like at least 3more weeks

Attachments

• 94BB06EF-207C-4F5A-AB6D-259CBB60FC48.jpeg
    94BB06EF-207C-4F5A-AB6D-259CBB60FC48.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 9231AE6F-B5AF-4B37-B04C-CCB0B69B912D.jpeg
    9231AE6F-B5AF-4B37-B04C-CCB0B69B912D.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 89AA833E-39F7-4A81-83D9-7BFDE650E38D.jpeg
    89AA833E-39F7-4A81-83D9-7BFDE650E38D.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Only thing I Flush is the toilet.🤪
I feed my girls right up until the week Im going to harvest.
I don't flush my tomatoes and peppers either.😁

I have always fed water and molasses only the last couple of weeks but only because that was how I was taught. The argument I have seen here against flushing makes sense though. Why starve a plant when you want them to continue to thrive? I will be trying the ‘feed until harvest’ method to see how it works. There are a lot of very knowledgeable farmers on this forum that have decades of experience. I trust their guidances.

I have done it both ways myself
Had to chop early a few times due to Bud rot and bad weather and other times I did water only last 2 weeks,
The only thing i noticed was a blk ash once on a batch that may have not been dried all the way before smoking it.
If I can I still try to do a week of water at end before harvest.

I have always fed water and molasses only the last couple of weeks but only because that was how I was taught. The argument I have seen here against flushing makes sense though. Why starve a plant when you want them to continue to thrive? I will be trying the ‘feed until harvest’ method to see how it works. There are a lot of very knowledgeable farmers on this forum that have decades of experience. I trust their guidances.
Yep,,ask a real Botinist and watch them laugh.

with just a little research one can find data out there that shows how plants quit eating when they get to end of life

like the plants knows it is dying so it will quit eating on its own , so I make the food available and let the plant decide what it wants or not

so yeah , I feed right up to about a week before chop

Same here. I feed right up until the last week. Not going to starve my girls over a myth that's been proven to be a myth by several articles and test done my Botinist. But its like religion and politics,,,comes a time when arguing is a waste of time.😁

Latest posts

Back