Flying insects

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasesq

Reaction score
I have tiny little flying insects infesting my tiny little 3 plant grow does anyone have a remedy?

Image result for Gnat Cartoon

Maybe fungus Gnats from the soil
look like this?
See the source image

For Fungus Gnats try this. Water with 90ml per gallon of Spinosad every 6 days, and water with 1/2ml per gallon of microbe-lift BTI every 3 days. After the first dose of the spinosad you should see a big reduction in flyers emerging. By the 3rd dose of Spinosad, and continued BTI, you should be good. If you start seeing flyers again treat with BTI right away, and you should be good. I only use the Spinosad in this manner when the fungus gnats were really bad. The flyers don't do any damage to your plants. The larvae eat roots.

For Fungus Gnats try this. Water with 90ml per gallon of Spinosad every 6 days, and water with 1/2ml per gallon of microbe-lift BTI every 3 days. After the first dose of the spinosad you should see a big reduction in flyers emerging. By the 3rd dose of Spinosad, and continued BTI, you should be good. If you start seeing flyers again treat with BTI right away, and you should be good. I only use the Spinosad in this manner when the fungus gnats were really bad. The flyers don't do any damage to your plants. The larvae eat roots.
What is BTI, AND WHERE CAN I FIND THESE CHEMICALS, IM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE. didn't mean to yell lol

I've been using neem oil and it seems to control the gnats but doesn't totally eradicate them. I water and feed every morning and give a neem oil spray on the soil surface every evening. I also tried a layer of sand that did nothing. I've been reading about diatomaceous earth but haven't tried it yet.

Latest posts

Back