Fogging systems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Connie m

LIFE IS GOOD
Reaction score
hello my friends. It’s that time of the year again! I want to find out how I can add a fogging system in outdoor greenhouse so it is easier to control the summer heat. I would like similar to a mist system but with fog Any thought appreciated.

So cal. I’ve been researching and fogging is supposed to help with cooling and humidity without getting west like misters do the big grow houses use them. I’m looking into small greenhouse

So cal. I’ve been researching and fogging is supposed to help with cooling and humidity without getting west like misters do the big grow houses use them. I’m looking into small greenhouse
Interesting
I will watch and see what people say
Are you talking watering misters or the kind that spray the room down with a giant mist of H2O

A fogger is essentially just a humidifier. Depending on the size of the greenhouse you could use something like this with a large reservoir for mixing water and peroxide, etc.

I want to use it to keep the greenhouse cool. Do you think this will do that?

If the fog is cooler than the air, yes. However, the moisture that attaches to the plants also has to evaporate to carry transferred heat away. I'm not sure how this is managed in large greenhouses. You might want to check one of the commercial fogger sites like koolfog for more information. I suspect internal fans and exhaust fans have a lot to do with it.

Wouldn’t these misters cause PM problems? Just asking cause I’m usually trying to keep my plants dry outside and inside… this would cause a problem for me on cannabis anyway
They apparently mix peroxide or other fungicides as well as insecticides into the reservoir to prevent that. I was wondering if I could do that with a humidifier in the flower room, and prevent them from crisping on me as often with higher humidity : )

They are not misters. They are foggers. They are dry and used in large scale marijuanna grows. I’m trying to figure out on a smaller scale.

Why not use an air conditioner? That would cool the greenhouse as well as lower humidity. They make portable AC’s that you can vent outside the greenhouse so you wouldn’t need to mount it like traditional window AC units.

Why not use an air conditioner? That would cool the greenhouse as well as lower humidity. They make portable AC’s that you can vent outside the greenhouse so you wouldn’t need to mount it like traditional window AC units.
Think I will look into this idea. Thank you oldfogey8. Nice to hear from you 😊

Latest posts

Back