Fogging systems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are not misters. They are foggers. They are dry and used in large scale marijuanna grows. I’m trying to figure out on a smaller scale.
They are dry? I don't think that's true. Even atomizing foggers will dampen surfaces. That's the only way there can be any cooling, since evaporating moisture is how heat is carried away.

Why not use an air conditioner? That would cool the greenhouse as well as lower humidity. They make portable AC’s that you can vent outside the greenhouse so you wouldn’t need to mount it like traditional window AC units.
I think the issue with using an air conditioner in a greenhouse is efficiency. Everything in the greenhouse literally sits in the sun. Most AC applications are done inside with insulated walls, etc.

I think the issue with using an air conditioner in a greenhouse is efficiency. Everything in the greenhouse literally sits in the sun. Most AC applications are done inside with insulated walls, etc.
Yep. I considered that. Plus the glass in a greenhouse isn’t ‘insulating’. However, there is savings on running lights. Not as great as when everyone was using HPS or MH fixtures. This isn’t a poor man’s hobby.

Wouldn’t these misters cause PM problems? Just asking cause I’m usually trying to keep my plants dry outside and inside… this would cause a problem for me on cannabis anyway
Especially during flower....

Bubba

Why not use an air conditioner? That would cool the greenhouse as well as lower humidity. They make portable AC’s that you can vent outside the greenhouse so you wouldn’t need to mount it like traditional window AC units.
I'm thinking that's the answer. Boo deals with Florida super humidity that way.

Bubba

My basement is cooler, but more humid. (Midwest).

Bubba

Thanks all! Just read so many great reads on fogging and cannabis. Large greenhouses use them for controlling temperatures and keeping clean. Was hoping to find others that used it on smaller scale.

Latest posts

Back