folage problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tallslim

Reaction score
the lower leaves are dying can anyone help?

pl4.JPG

pl5.JPG

It looks like a magnesium deficiency. mix 2 tablespoons of epsom salt per gal. of water every time you fertilize.

Doesn't have the chlorosis between the veins on the leaves, that indicate magnesium defficiency. Looks more like those particular leaves have either been in contact with the medium, or nutrients were splashed on them when you watered.
If it doesn't progress upward, I wouldn't concern myself with it. Use sharp clean scissors to trim off the damage and give them a few days before adding the epsoms. Too much magnesium will loxk out other eaaintial nutes.

What kind of water are you using ? I have to walk down to the creek and get water out of it to water my plants. If I water my plants with tap water they end up looking like that in less then a week or two. I have to much crap in my tap water. Even leting it sit for a week it still does that to my plants. Try some better water or get a reverse osmosis unit.

If it's not your water. check your Ph and flush the medium out with a few gallons of 0 ppm water.

i'm using the same type of water from my first grow that came out perfect. i am using the same batch of soil of that of my first grow which is about six months old. i did keep it in a sealed container. i added alittle bat gauno to the soil before putting the plants in. i started seedlings and first 3 weeks of grow with a 75 watt, 4500 lumen CFL. and the damage started at about 2 and a half weeks. at that point all i did was water every other day.

i trimmed the lower leafs and so far the plants are looking good. thanks for the input, you guys are great. i'll post some more pics later on.

Wrong joe blow.
There are types of bat shit that is high in N (good for veg) and types that are high in P (good for flowering).

you mean sometimes bats shit N, and other times bats shit P.... hmmm

are you sure it aint a mixture of both.

never mind me, i know NOTHING about bat shit. :)

We cut last nite and we went and got some bat guano and some foxfarm and earth juice. (190 bucks.) And put 12 new clones into the box. So I hope we got the right kind. I didnt see two diffrent kinds. But I know shit about bat shit too. Heh.

Some bats are insectivores, some bats are carnivores, some bats are herbivores, some bats feed on blood.
Also determinibng the N/P content of bat shit is whether or not the shit has been exposed to sunlight & rain.

P.s. earth juice is uncomposted sewage, plus the company that makes earth juice products--greenfire--had 2 growshops in Calif., and they were used as fronts by the cops to gather info on it's customers. Hundreds were investigated, scores were busted, many were convicted.
Some people lost their homes and children.

Before I found out about this, I spent hundreds on the complete line of earth juice products. Then I found out that you have to bubble (compost) it for 3 days before use, so I spent a hundred $ more on extra res.'s & air/water pumps.
It made my growroom smell like an outhouse. Something I had enjoyed before (time in my growroom) I dreaded.
In the end, earth juice products cut my yield by over 30%.

N-P-K ratios are printed (usually in bold) on every guano package I've ever encountered.
High N for veg..High
P for flower.

GanjaGuru said:
Some bats are insectivores, some bats are carnivores, some bats are herbivores, some bats feed on blood.
Also determinibng the N/P content of bat shit is whether or not the shit has been exposed to sunlight & rain.

P.s. earth juice is uncomposted sewage, plus the company that makes earth juice products--greenfire--had 2 growshops in Calif., and they were used as fronts by the cops to gather info on it's customers. Hundreds were investigated, scores were busted, many were convicted.
Some people lost their homes and children.

Before I found out about this, I spent hundreds on the complete line of earth juice products. Then I found out that you have to bubble (compost) it for 3 days before use, so I spent a hundred $ more on extra res.'s & air/water pumps.
It made my growroom smell like an outhouse. Something I had enjoyed before (time in my growroom) I dreaded.
In the end, earth juice products cut my yield by over 30%.

All I can say is..... Holy shit. I dont want to go through all that. I'll just toss it and get something diffrent. What is the best "easy use" you've found Guru ?

I didn't know there was 2 kinds (obviously)
I've only seen/used the kind that's high in P.
Everyone stop now and do a bong hit !!!!!!!

"All I can say is..... Holy shit. I dont want to go through all that. I'll just toss it and get something diffrent. What is the best "easy use" you've found Guru ?"

Fox Farms is good. So is General Hydroponics.
Actually, there are lots of good kinds, or you can make your own.
Chicken shit tea (1 part chicken shit to 4 parts water in a bucket, bubble & stir for 2 weeks) makes an excellent concentrate.

thanks yaw i transplanted a few of my plants and their doing good.

Latest posts

Back