Foliar feedings...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenfire

Reaction score
Can i do foliar feedings? I could have sworn i posted this already, but i guess i didnt....i got some growth nutes, waiting to put it in because of transplant. But it says i can use foliar feedings. Would this be worth my while or just a waste of time?

:D

Greeny

greeny, I don't foliar feed, and don't recommend it ubless it is needed to compensate for a defficiency. If you provide good soil, good air circulation, good light, the proper nutrients and maintain the ph, foilar feeding is totally unneccesary.."IMHO"

Hick said:
greeny, I don't foliar feed, and don't recommend it ubless it is needed to compensate for a defficiency. If you provide good soil, good air circulation, good light, the proper nutrients and maintain the ph, foilar feeding is totally unneccesary.."IMHO"

Ok, so last night i did a little test on one of the plants. I recently just transplanted them, and i was old tohold off on the growth nutes for a week to let them get out of the shock phase. However, the leaves i put the nutes on last night aremuch greener now than compared to the rest of the plants. My plants do have a total nutrient defeciency, the soil i put them into was 'Black Gold', which from what i can tell just provides good enviroment for the plant to grow and doesnt provide any nutes. I bought the nutes, Greenfuse, to use with the plants. Should i continue foliar feedings for a few days, i saw god results on one of the plants set of leaves that were urning yellow....today they are a nice green again. Just didnt wan to jump the gun and do something i wasn't supposed to do....

Greeny

hey green, Black Gold has worm castings, I believe yster shell, kelp and other goodies as nutrients. I ran it exclusively in my grow for a few years. I don't ever recall seeing a defficiency in fresh soil. If you 'just' did transplant, possibly the roots haven't reached out to benefit from it yet.
If you're seeing good results from the foliar feeds, I would continue for a few days. Just keep the mix weak and watch for any negative effects.

Hick said:
hey green, Black Gold has worm castings, I believe yster shell, kelp and other goodies as nutrients. I ran it exclusively in my grow for a few years. I don't ever recall seeing a defficiency in fresh soil. If you 'just' did transplant, possibly the roots haven't reached out to benefit from it yet.
If you're seeing good results from the foliar feeds, I would continue for a few days. Just keep the mix weak and watch for any negative effects.

Alright, the plants, i believe, are officially dying....I sprayed them with the feed, mixed 1/3 strength. Some of the plants are showing good and bad results, other leaves are really green, and the others are a bit more yellow. One of them, when i had went to go transplant it had like no root ball, it had no roots hardly. It is dying for sure, the two lowest leaves on it are drying up. The plant has water, not over-watered, so i dont know. Im trying to take it easy on them after the transplant, but it seems they need some help. Poor things...

Greeny

Latest posts

Back