Food Experiments?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soryu

Reaction score
Food and smoking go real well together, and while smoking sometimes I think about what would be great to eat afterwards. One of my fav meals is the chicken pot pie. However one thing thats always popped into my head are ways to...well put the pot into the pot pie :laugh:. I've looked around at possible recipes however i've found nothing.

I'd like to maybe try something different than brownies or just a pot pie after smoking, but i'm not sure on how to prepare a pot pie with the added ingredient in mind.

Would making the pie crust with the weed be the best way? I eventually just mix the crust around with the gravy and meat once i start eating anyway. But i'm not sure if it would be potent enough to try. Maybe adding it in with the meat and other ingredients. Or maybe both? Has anyone ever tried this before?

Update:
Well gave it a shot yesterday. It worked out well, though not as well as I had hoped. I had some special butter made for use in the pie crust. I also added in a bit of shake to bake inside the pie. Sitting down and eating it was the best part. I even added some beef to add a little extra to the mix and it turned out so well. The effects took a bit to set in but at least 30 minutes after i finished I started feeling it. Wasn't high as a kite, it was a bit more mellow relaxed sort of feel which lasted for a few hours.

It was fun to try this out, though overall the amount I had to use was more than I would've liked.

2 teaspoons cannibutter
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
2 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
1 cup cubed cook tender loin
1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 reduced-fat refrigerated crescent rolls
The amount of shake i'm not sure about. I kinda just rolled the meat around on the shake then added in the rest before I put it in the oven.

Latest posts

Back