FORE!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the No. 1 seed starts out at 10-under par and with a two-shot lead before the first tee shot on Thursday .. money's on Scheffler's play

for sure Scotty is the odds on favorite to win about $25 million

but yeah , PGA announced new changes to the Tour which puts more money in the players pockets

like $500K just for showing up with no play

I never saw that deal

but yeah , the PGA is changing for the good thanks to people like Norman , Mickleson

here is an example of a good change ……a lot of the players travel across the country in their cars for tournaments

they practice on Tuesday and Wednesday and start play on Thursday

if the player misses the cut on Friday , they go home , NO pay

all the traveling , gas , motels , food , the player pays out of their pockets

what other job does a person spend about four days on without NO guarantee of a paycheck?

well that’s about to change , there will be a $5000 dollar stipend to ALL players who miss the cut to cover travel expenses

a lot of good changes to benefit the Players

thanks LIV

Well money makes one happy fer sure ... maybe I misplaced a word in the $500K from East Lake .. Will Zalatoris had to withdraw with a bad back and will get last-place money of $500,000.

Well money makes one happy fer sure ... maybe I misplaced a word in the $500K from East Lake .. Will Zalatoris had to withdraw with a bad back and will get last-place money of $500,000.

gotcha…thanks for clearing that up

i would rather see the players get the money rather than the board members of the PGA

024BAB1D-E67F-4A92-A3AF-35D29670D1E0.jpeg

H€ll yes. But me sniffs more than a bit of PGA trying to be generous. A counter to LIV.

exactly

and then there is the Tiger and Rory Show coming soon to a coliseum near you

TMRW Sports -- a business venture spearheaded by Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy -- announced Wednesday the creation of a new technology-focused golf league in partnership with the PGA Tour. The TGL will be the latest league to try and gain a foothold in the world of golf as it aims to modernize both the viewing and playing experience for fans and players alike.

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news...e-in-2024-as-complement-to-pga-tour-schedule/

exactly

and then there is the Tiger and Rory Show coming soon to a coliseum near you

TMRW Sports -- a business venture spearheaded by Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy -- announced Wednesday the creation of a new technology-focused golf league in partnership with the PGA Tour. The TGL will be the latest league to try and gain a foothold in the world of golf as it aims to modernize both the viewing and playing experience for fans and players alike.

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news...e-in-2024-as-complement-to-pga-tour-schedule/
Never saw that - thanks for the link.

I'm actually not surprised. A number of sporting codes have embarked on this type of successful money spinning venture many years ago - IPL (cricket), rugby, tennis and even more recently, swimming.

The world's your oyster when you have money and a bit of clout

Saw Tiger when he was a Kid on the TV Show "That's Incredible", he was great even then! I Loved Playing until I took it in College, after the instructor found out I was Left Handed but Playing Right Handed, she told me..."I NEVER want to see you use another Right Handed Club! After that I couldn't get a Ball off the Ground, and Quit. Was the Best in the Class before that, a LOT better then she was, Haven't played since, but still love watching it. Makes me mad all over again, I was a good Player, we had a Par 9 Course some friends owned a few miles from home we'd be there or Playing Tennis every day! Loved Both & Miss my Friends!

Latest posts

Back