FORE!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well it’s time for another Major , the US Open

i just can’t focus on who I think will win and I thinks it’s because of the drama with LIV

in a way , I hope someone in the LIV wins the Open

like DJ , DeChambeau , King Louie , Pat Reed , Kevin Na , or even Sergio as much as I dislike him

so yeah , all the Big Shooters will be there and so will a lot of the up and coming cuter Hall of Famers , it is going to be a tough call

so with that said , I am gonna have to sleep on it one more day before I make my pics

FORE right!!
Always enjoy the Majors because they can produce some very enjoyable moments and a few surprising results - remember Michael Campbell in 2005, damn!

Our man King (Shrek) Louis and Charl are big buddies and as a compatriot, it would be nice to see him do something in the Open but he's been quite a bit off the boil. That said, I'll join you on the fence for now because I've not really had time to give this one much thought.

I do hope, for the sake of the game, that LIV & the PGA can at least start talking to each other. It's golf for goodness sake.

Enjoyed the Sergio comment :D

Always enjoy the Majors because they can produce some very enjoyable moments and a few surprising results - remember Michael Campbell in 2005, damn!

Our man King (Shrek) Louis and Charl are big buddies and as a compatriot, it would be nice to see him do something in the Open but he's been quite a bit off the boil. That said, I'll join you on the fence for now because I've not really had time to give this one much thought.

I do hope, for the sake of the game, that LIV & the PGA can at least start talking to each other. It's golf for goodness sake.

Enjoyed the Sergio comment :D

memorable and enjoyable indeed!

and with LIV added to the mix , this Major has a recipe that may top all others

I need to brush up on my rules for who is in and who is out at the Majors because I do not understand why Charl is not in

But yes I agree with you ,a win by King Louie would be awesome!….couldn’t happen to a nicer human being

I watched an interview by David Feherty with Louie and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Louie really came off as a genuine person and I loved how he feels comfortable on a tractor. He came across as a farmer at heart and only golfs as a hobby.

So yeah , the Afrikaners are well represented at the US Open

-Brandon Grace
-Shaun Norris………had to look him up
-Erik von Rooyen
-King Louie

and in my opinion a few others should be there , like

-Coetzee
-de Jong
-The Big Easy Ernie Els
-Goosen
-Trevor Immelman

lots of talent comes out of South Africa , led by Gary Player and Nick Price

and in closing , yes I agree , let us hope LIV and PGA can somehow make peace and figure out how to work together to continue to build on the greatness of the game and put politics aside

memorable and enjoyable indeed!

and with LIV added to the mix , this Major has a recipe that may top all others

I need to brush up on my rules for who is in and who is out at the Majors because I do not understand why Charl is not in

But yes I agree with you ,a win by King Louie would be awesome!….couldn’t happen to a nicer human being

I watched an interview by David Feherty with Louie and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Louie really came off as a genuine person and I loved how he feels comfortable on a tractor. He came across as a farmer at heart and only golfs as a hobby.

So yeah , the Afrikaners are well represented at the US Open

-Brandon Grace
-Shaun Norris………had to look him up
-Erik von Rooyen
-King Louie

and in my opinion a few others should be there , like

-Coetzee
-de Jong
-The Big Easy Ernie Els
-Goosen
-Trevor Immelman

lots of talent comes out of South Africa , led by Gary Player and Nick Price

and in closing , yes I agree , let us hope LIV and PGA can somehow make peace and figure out how to work together to continue to build on the greatness of the game and put politics aside
Yes, it's nice to see them doing well - happy and sad if you know what I mean. Some wonderful golfers and some genuinely good guys with their feet firmly on the ground, not forgetting grand daddy Bobby Locke.
Some of them have left SA for good and others still have farms here - Ernie has a beautiful wine farm, Gary still breeds horses, and Shrek loves a tractor and plough, and there's a few more. Nick's a gentleman to his bones. Wonder if any of them partake in a bit of weed? lol

I'll call the 2 R's Rahm and Rory as my pick with Will Z and the Scheff to follow and Lowry as the outsider. You know who the sentimental goes to

Yes, it's nice to see them doing well - happy and sad if you know what I mean. Some wonderful golfers and some genuinely good guys with their feet firmly on the ground, not forgetting grand daddy Bobby Locke.
Some of them have left SA for good and others still have farms here - Ernie has a beautiful wine farm, Gary still breeds horses, and Shrek loves a tractor and plough, and there's a few more. Nick's a gentleman to his bones. Wonder if any of them partake in a bit of weed? lol

I'll call the 2 R's Rahm and Rory as my pick with Will Z and the Scheff to follow and Lowry as the outsider. You know who the sentimental goes to

some excellent golf and golf history linked to the RSA

there have been some awful reports going around about the plight of the rural farmers in RSA and I hope they are false and the golfer farmers are all ok

excellent choices!

Rahm if , big if , he gets off to a good start…otherwise his strong Spaniard emotions can get the best of him

Rory is on a roll but I wonder if he peaked to early and will not have the gas to even make the cut?……that is my dark prediction , Mcilroy Misses Cut

Zalatores is so hungry , he may pull it off on this World Stage

Sheff is a solid pick and on my Top 3

Xander Shauffle is my No. 2

drumroll

No. 1 Jordan Spieth

FORE RIGHT!

Most of those reports are unfortunately true. Farmers are still being murdered on their properties with the govt doing very little in the form of offering protection. Gruesome is all I can say.

Many farmers, mostly Afrikaners, have been offered good deals from countries like Zambia and even the Congo and a large number have accepted. Others have been snapped up by the US, Aus and NZ 😓.

We are in the process of trying to sell our property that's been in the family for 200 years but potential buyers are understandably reluctant. Our province (Western Cape) is well run by the opposition and remains relatively safe.

Although on a precipice, it's still an amazing country and my family that are still here enjoy a good life.

The irony of it is in the quote below:
1655381983295.png

Last edited:
I watched Happy Gilmore the other night and laughed my ass off.
I remember right after that movie came out me and a couple buddies went to the driving range and was trying to drive the ball the way he did. Believe it or not,,every once in a while you would connect good and that fking ball went flying way down the range. Problem is trying to hit it straight.

I remember right after that movie came out me and a couple buddies went to the driving range and was trying to drive the ball the way he did. Believe it or not,,every once in a while you would connect good and that fking ball went flying way down the range. Problem is trying to hit it straight.
Right. One or two decent shots can make all the difference

First time I tried a Happy Gilmore shot, I was playing with some new coworkers and I nailed it off the fairway. Didn’t try it again though they kept suggesting it. I knew it was a lucky shot and didn’t want to detract from the myth. I beat the crap out of them anyway. They sucked.

I hit some pretty good ones that day and a bunch of shitty ones. Course it was a driving range. Ppl next to use was laughing their asses off watching us.

I hit some pretty good ones that day and a bunch of shitty ones. Course it was a driving range. Ppl next to use was laughing their asses off watching us.
All in the name of fun I guess.
If I had to be concerned about people watching me on a golf course I'd never play the game or go to a driving range.
"What's your handicap?
"Er, golf!"

MJ Daufee from the RSA is on top of the leaderboard this morning

Can you Adam & Eve that? Who would have thought? Even the FBI, KGB and MI6 don't know his first name/s... and that shot from the hospitality area!! That will go down as one of the biggest of recent times. Sh!t a brick. Can't see him hanging in there but go MJ 🤣!!
FORE

Last edited:
MJ is fading after a 78 yesterday…but it was glorious for a day!

it is going to be a horse race to the finish today with 10players writhing 4 shots of each other

and this course is playing so difficult that a golfer can drop 4 shots with a couple double bogeys in 10 minutes

so yeah , my picks are off the radar but Africanna may have a winner in young Zalatores

Scheffler looks pretty good. Love the digital shit they use nowadays. Cool as h.ell.

If your not watching your missing a really good game. Could go into overtime. That doesn't happen a lot in golf.

Congratulations M.Fitzpatrick , we’ll played!

ya gotta feel bad for Sweet Will

but his day will come

what is this , his 3 rd runner up in a Major!?….

good call Africanna!

Latest posts

Back