FORE!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate the sand.
I do NOT have the Family Golf Gene.

I was playing with my brother who always spotted me two strokes** per hole -- and never lost to me, ever. My ball rolled casually into a deep sand trap. The pin was quite close to the sand trap.

So I figured I had to get the ball UP, but definitely not FAR. Therefore, I got a good grip, and swung sooper-hard -- with the intent to take a lot of sand with the ball lobbing up with it to the green.

Since the ball had simply rolled in, it was sitting right on the very surface. Instead of scooping up a pound of sand, I managed to hit the golf ball with the very edge of my club:

The ball went screaming out of the sand trap, clearing the edge by about an inch. It went nearly a hundred yards, landing on the fairway of a distant hole.

**Technically, he would need a hole-in-one to break even on a Par 3 if I parred.

I was playing with my brother who always spotted me two strokes** per hole -- and never lost to me, ever. My ball rolled casually into a deep sand trap. The pin was quite close to the sand trap.

So I figured I had to get the ball UP, but definitely not FAR. Therefore, I got a good grip, and swung sooper-hard -- with the intent to take a lot of sand with the ball lobbing up with it to the green.

Since the ball had simply rolled in, it was sitting right on the very surface. Instead of scooping up a pound of sand, I managed to hit the golf ball with the very edge of my club:

The ball went screaming out of the sand trap, clearing the edge by about an inch. It went nearly a hundred yards, landing on the fairway of a distant hole.

**Technically, he would need a hole-in-one to break even on a Par 3 if I parred.

i laughed my arse off visualizing that

i hate it when that happens

At least you were out of the sand and in the fairway(though a fairway for a different hole)…

We useta play with a limit: When I have lost the dozen golf balls I started with, we quit.

One time, on a fargin PAR 5... I was on the green in two. TINS. I proceded to six-putt the ball right in the cup.

this girl is gonna be an LPGA Superstar

Alana Uriell

you heard it here first

990CEB88-6A63-41AA-9D6D-CB54DA6172EE.jpeg

04A37FD7-D0A8-4C77-944A-C562227F4048.jpeg

94E6C7F6-9218-4B20-BF34-FC3422652B85.jpeg

Congratulations to a couple of South African Champions this week

Thriston Lawrence for winning the South African Open

and Ashleigh Buhai for winning the Women's Australian Open

otherwise some Dane named Hovland won Tiger Woods Private Special Invitation Millionaires Semi-Open/Close Challenge

see ya next weekend……i think
Yes, nice to see them doing well.

I watched Ashleigh Simon (Buhai) when she first started playing as a school kid who showed potential - never quite reached the heights expected of her.

Again, I haven't seen Thriston so comfortable with his game in quite some time.

Yes Sir , a lot of good golf being played below the equator where its summer

the South Africans have a star studded lineup at the Alfred Dunhill Championship this weekend, my sentimental pick is the Big Easy , lets go Ernie!

otherwise there is some Skins game coming up , boring , Woods and Cry Baby Rory take on Spieth and Thomas

like i said , boring

nothing significant coming up until January where things kick off in Hawaii…..

come on january!

Yes Sir , a lot of good golf being played below the equator where its summer

the South Africans have a star studded lineup at the Alfred Dunhill Championship this weekend, my sentimental pick is the Big Easy , lets go Ernie!

otherwise there is some Skins game coming up , boring , Woods and Cry Baby Rory take on Spieth and Thomas

like i said , boring

nothing significant coming up until January where things kick off in Hawaii…..

come on january!
The Big guy (and others) love coming "home" this time of the year. Ernie has a lovely home in Herold's Bay which is about 20km down the coast from our holiday place in Wilderness. He does so much good work here

I live on Long Island and years ago coming home from work out east we jumped in the middle of Shinnecock golf course. They do the open there from time to time .I remember teeing off over a road and needing a rocket launcher and we got caught quick.
Yelled at me for a divot ..
1670496768170.jpeg

enjoy the ride Unca! i will toke to that!

yeah , Ernie epitomizes the term Gentleman. He is like a big Teddy Bear.

another South African golfer who loves to farm is King Louie. I think it is about 150acres and Louie grows a lot of hay for his brothers farm who raises dairy cattle.

89725A07-B454-447A-AC3D-F1F3AC9690DE.jpeg

D9991941-340E-4EBA-B775-EA766F45DACC.jpeg

93BBBA5B-9B58-44FE-AE8A-402A28EB2894.jpeg

Congratulations to Ockie Strydom and with a name like that i predict Ockie will achieve stardom! , the winner of the Alfred Dunhill Tournament ….

Ockie Stardom!

so yeah , 6 of the Top 10 were South Africans , good job mates!

Congratulations to Ockie Strydom and with a name like that i predict Ockie will achieve stardom! , the winner of the Alfred Dunhill Tournament ….

Ockie Stardom!

so yeah , 6 of the Top 10 were South Africans , good job mates!
Yes, that's about as Afrikaans a name as you're likely to find.
A nice maiden win for him on the DP tour. His favourite course which is in the bush - "I love the bush, I'm calm in the bush" according to him

Latest posts

Back