fox farm nutes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoner 420

Reaction score
hello everyone i have finally found a hydro shop close that carries some fox farm nutes, like big bloom, grow big, tiger bloom, etc... can someone give me some good veg nutes and some good flower nutes....also a good soil would b helpful too,the sugestions u give pls let me know if i can use the nutes with the soil...... i need big help soon any help is appriciated

big bloom and grow big will get you through veg. for flower tiger bloom is good stuff and you'll also want to check out things like beastie bloom, cha-ching, open sesame are all good too for different stages. You basically want to get Big Bloom Grow Big and Tiger Bloom and then go from there.

you've found the fox farm nutes, they're compliminted well by the fox farms soils..;)

ok thanks guys i appreciate the help but i have one more question i might use some soil i have already it is MG feeds for 3 months will this be ok to use for the whole veg and if not what FF nutes can i use with it.......... better yet where can i get a PH meter mayb at a local store pls help i am fixing to start a GJ and go to the hydro shop.......

I wouldn't recommend using the feeding soil. It is noutoriously "hot" an may not fare well when the ladies are little. If you do go with it don't try to add any FF stuff to it.

ok so what if i flush the soil really well before i put them in it... after i start flower can i use FF nutes with this soil? what is a good cheap FF soil taht i can use for one plant........

if you have to use it yeah flush it out real good but not while teh seedlings are in there. You're going to have to flush it out and then let it dry so you can break it up again and get some oxygen in there or else you'll be in bad shape. And yes you're still going to want to wait a while before feeding them anything. As for using just one nutrient its hard to say, they work in a tandum but if you're going to get anything i'd vote for grow big and tiger bloom.

"Time release"[/u]...feeds for 3 months. It is nearlly impossible to "flush" this type soil.
I've seen cheap ph meters at Home depot for around $15 I think.
Fox Farms soil isn't "cheap" I pay $13-$16 p/bag for the big bags. A small bag for one plant shouldn't be over about $5.

BEJOHNST "big bloom and grow big will get you through veg. for flower tiger bloom is good stuff"<-----(wrong)(right)---->grow big is for veg and big bloom and tiger bloom are used together for flower and are excellent. u can tell the difference in days once u start using in veg.just make sure to read ack of bottles good they give thorough instructions for soil or hydro

So Big bloom is used for veg and tiger bloom is used for flowering?

powerbud said:
So Big bloom is used for veg and tiger bloom is used for flowering?
Well i'm looking at my bottle of Fox Farm Big Bloom and it says for flower.

yeah dudes
big grow is for the vegetative stage
big bloom is for both veg and flower
tiger bloom is for flower
use ocean forest soil
you can go to foxfarm's website and they have a feeding schedule there

I am using FF soil and nutes and thought I would point out that there are 2 different strengths of 'grow big'. I didn't know this before I bought it and luckily the shop owner gave me the stronger stuff, which seems to be working fine. Didn't know about the 'big bloom' used in veg though.

So do you think it would be more beneficial to use both Grow Big and Big Bloom during VEg or could i just use one of em and still get the same yield amount. I guess basically what Im asking is what are the benefits with each nute?

My plants are not showing any sort of deficiency (yet) from just 'grow big' but this is my first grow. My plants in soil are all potential mothers so I was hoping to use one mix for vegging. My advice would be if you are going full cycle in dirt, to go ahead and get both. If you haven't started yet, you really have 3 weeks after germination to decide on nutes.

JOHNNY"GREEN"APPLESEED said:
the bottle says for veg only. i go by the bottle.

Where does it say that? I see "For Lush Vegative Growth" but nothing about it being used only in veg.

Power Bug - I would get Grow Big if you're only going to get one veg fert. High in Nitrogen and will get you through. But then again I personally don't really feed until the 3rd week of growth and by that time they're almost ready to flower...

Latest posts

Back