Fox Farm Ocean Forest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WeedHopper

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Quick question guys. I found a Feed Store that carries Fox Farms products which is not common in Texas. Bought me a bag of Ocean Forest and of course Big Bloom,Tiger Bloom, Grow Big and BushDoctor Cal Mag.
MY question is who here has used the Ocean Forest Soil? I have never used it but have heard good things. I know their Ferts because i have used them but never the soil

I have used it. Good stuff. Little to hot for you young starts. I quit because it confused me because there is lots in there that is already in my main line of nutes so I would be double feeding in some cases. But those who use it love it.

Well the good thing is its all organic. As for ferts ill let the plants tell me when they need more then whats in the soil already.

I too have read warnings not to use with young plants HOT
Pretty much feeds through veg and then you feed or teas in flower etc.....
I also have seen people say Bugs are dormant in the bags LOL

@ Roster. Bugs being dormant in soil is really not all that uncommon. I get thrips all the time. Fortunately mites don't live in the soil so I have never seen this to be a problem. My thinking is if you buy your medium from a place where it is kept outside it is much more likely to have bugs than kept in a warehouse inside. One thing is for sure.....if you grow long enough your gonna deal with bugs at some point. Finding them early in veg and doing your due diligence Is good practice.

Cant be anymore bugs in it then the soil i get from Home Depot.😉

I used the ocean forest in my final pot started with happy frog top dressed after the first 3 weeks till i transplanted to ocean forest final pot waited 2 to 3 weeks then started to feed it . This was my first grow but i did ok I think. I delt with knats cause i left it outside to long when i transplanted and brought it inside no more knats

Attachments

• 20210112_154152[1].jpg
    20210112_154152[1].jpg
    130 KB · Views: 72
Cool. Good to know. I can always mix it with some older soil i have already used to tame it down if i need too.

Nope,,i was lucky to find this. I did some research and it has really good reviews and nobody said anything about bugs. Im starting my seedlings in a different soil once they germinate so they should be fine when i transplant.
Im now more concerned about my lighting because all i got right now is my 4ft 8 tube HOT5 system and its old but it will do until i can afford an Led system. Plus im growing some Autos Yooper sent me so hopefully the light will be okay. When it was new it put out 40,000 lumens but its freaking 10yrs old.😜

Yep. I have used MG many times. It works but its just not setup for Weed. Fox Farms was mixed for weed. Pro mix is another good soil but it requires more fertilizer feedings.
Be careful with the moisture control. I dont like it because it stays to wet for my liking.
And by the way,nothing beats a Chevy.😁

Hey guys! Ocean forest is a little hot for young plants. Happy frog is great soil too but not quite as hot. Big bag of soil and small bag perlite.

The 3 seeds i have are already starting to germinate. When they are ready they are going into cups and MG soil. Once they are are about 4 to 6" i will transplant that seedling and soil into the Ocean Forest. Im thinking from everything ive read they should be fine.

The 3 seeds i have are already starting to germinate. When they are ready they are going into cups and MG soil. Once they are are about 4 to 6" i will transplant that seedling and soil into the Ocean Forest. Im thinking from everything ive read they should be fine.
Sounds like a plan Stan
If my knee keeps on the way to recovery I ordered some Ocean Forest too , My last batch of soil is in a way I can not use it with out a lot of work so buying right now is easier on my legs.
So I may be popping too.

Happy frog is not as good as it used to be. I used to use it straight out of the bag but not no more. I had to add a lot of lime and it is still missing something. I will be going to promix. I had kellogg that was better then happy frog.

Yes Roster Add 12 qt bag of perlite to bag of OOF or Happy frog. I got well over 2 lbs 4 plants in happy frog. Was using the trio also. This time around I'm going with AN nutes.

Latest posts

Back