Fox Farm questions????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jman

Junior Grower
Reaction score
This is my first FF grow, I am starting from LW and repotting in OF. How long can seedlings stay in the LW 16 oz plastic cups.

I would say about 3 weeks, then make the transfer. Your plants will tell you if they want nutes sooner, typically by turning a lighter shade of green than they had previously been, but I doubt this will happen before 3 weeks...

im 17wks into my grow and have used 2 bottles of BB, 1bottle of GB and 1bottle of TB. i am all out as of yesterday. seems like lotsa trips for nutes, or do most ppl just buy the like 60$ gallon jugs?

like I said, or maybe I didn't. this is my first FF grow and I want to do it rite growing WW and Hindu kush. I have a current grow that is all MG products. they are 10 weeks old and almost 3 feet tall. Filling out nicely...Vegged them under 4' flouros 12- t12 bulbs. Flowering under 400W HPS.LOOOKIN GOOOD to for bag seed.

you wont be let down man. it might be a bit light on the Phos, or my crop just eats it right up but i cant say anything bad about it really.

i started using ffofa couple of weeks ago and love it. to answer your ? about 3 weeks with fresh of, then use your nutes. hope that helps

question is how long in the LW 16 oz. cups before OF.Thanks

Your question was answered right away, which is why I'm guessin no one else has really bothered add further to your question. Let them spend 3 weeks in the LightWarrior soil as you have it now, then transplant to the ocean forest, like I first said...

Also, white strains are pretty nute sensitive, so I would do what astrobud said AFTER a few weeks in light warrior. Put them in OF now like he recommends and you'll have problems. No offense astrobud, just tryin to help out here...

Thank you blanco, I must have misunderstood your answer. I really appreciate the advice. This is my first grow with quality beans, and i want to make sure i am on top of things. I will be using FF nutes to. Should I start out light on the nutes and ramp it up slowly. I used some Tiger bloom on my current grow they are 4 weeks into flowering. They handled it well at first, but now they are looking a little burned. FF is pretty potent....

blancolighter said:
Also, white strains are pretty nute sensitive, so I would do what astrobud said AFTER a few weeks in light warrior. Put them in OF now like he recommends and you'll have problems. No offense astrobud, just tryin to help out here...
none taken, im not sure what u mean when you say white strains unless your talking about white widow and such. i have a nl and pure gold 8 inches tall in 3 weeks started in ffof, buschy as can be too. i also have a super skunk and lemon haze 10 days old and 3 inches, so its working for me:hubba:

yeah my plants are about 11 days old have side branches and 6-8 nodes at 6 inches tall Id say FFOF is the best soil ive used so far, the seedling I have go right in it after there germed in peat pellets, havent lost one yet and they seem to thrive. I havent even come close to 3 weeks yet as of 11 days no sign of needing nutes yet.

lol nope, 3gal. each gets about 2.5L of water when i water about twice a week. its works out to about 350-450ml of nutes added to my 5gal mixin pot.

I used to run 50/50 Ocean forest and light warrior from birth, I got better results than OF alone.

Something to think about if you feel like experimenting. ;)

As of today my babies are 11 days old, they have been in LW since birth. I have considered mixing the LW and OF. I think that is what I will do. Thanx

Hey Jman on your ladies that are in flower you said they got nute burn from the FF nutes you added. IMO you don't need to add ferts to MG soils at all they already have nutes in the soil that release every time you water. But you will love the FFOF soil and nutes they are top notch. Just keep your PH in check and throw in some cal-mag on days 10 and 35 of flowering and sit back and enjoy. Also I put in a tbl spoon of dolomite lime per gallon of soil to boost the buffer a little, not that it is needed as it already has ground up oyster shells as a buffer, but thats just me...take care..

Well without adding any nutes ive come up with a mg def with FFOF keep some epsom salts handy, Ive began another type of soil grow with 100% organic schultz soil added perilite and vermiculite, the schultz has a bioactavator already in it. will keep you posted on it vs. FFOF.

I will be interested to see how that turns out....

One of my other threads someone has mentioned TIGER BLOOM from FF is not a true Organic. I still have not heard a convincing enough answer way. Could someone please clearify this......

Latest posts

Back