Fox farms nutrients? What's the differance?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MechaniMan

Reaction score
So I discovered today that my local Rule King store Stock's Fox Farms soil and nutrients. They offer the fox farms grow big, tiger bloom and big bloom. I chose the tiger bloom for my upcoming bloom.

My question is that I noticed that the Big Bloom nutrients have extremely low and NPK values. 0 - 0.5 - 0.7. It also states that it's made with bat guano and worm castings so what does the Big Bloom offer over the tiger bloom? Or the other way around?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220412-130333_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220412-130333_Google.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 4
I think Big Bloom is Organic.

I think your right. I got their feeding schedule from fox farms website. Here's my PH test from 4" down into the soil. I'm waiting on samples to settle to do the npk test.

Attachments

• 20220412_113914.jpg
    20220412_113914.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 12
Looks like 6.5 to me which is great.

The names Fox farm chose for these products is terrible and causes way too much confusion. Tiger Bloom is for flowering. Big Bloom is NOT for flowering, it is used through the entire grow. I've seen many arguments online about this----its actually funny to watch the fools that think Big Bloom is for flowering. Although you can continue to use Big Bloom through flowering, Tiger Bloom is your flowering nutrient in the trio.

Fox farm has a new 3 part liquid line called cultivation nation. (Veg, Bloom and Micro). I'd use this over the Fox Farm trio. My problem using the Fox Farm Trio is that the ingredients and macro nutrients are not clearly labeled. In other words, when you have a deficiency, you won't know how to fix it with the trio. I moved to Dyna-grow from Fox farm just for this reason. (although I would like to try the 3 part cultivation as well)

Cultivation Nation - FoxFarm Soil & Fertilizer Company

Feeding chart below for the trio. (notice that Tiger bloom is introduced during flowering, Big Bloom is used the entire grow.)

Fox Farm Feeding Info.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: gmo
I think Big Bloom is Organic.

Yes, Big Bloom is the only organic nutrient in the Fox Farm Trio. It's good stuff, but to be honest, I'm not exactly sure what it does. My plants do seem to love it and it's very hard to burn your plants with Big Bloom. You have to go easy on Tiger Bloom, and Grow Big, they can burn your plants easily with higher doses. Heck, my plants got roasted following the feed chart above. 1/4 to 1/2 of their recommendation seems to work for me.

And I used Cha-Ching, Open Sesame, and Beastie Bloomz as well... You really have to go easy with these! (1/4 to 1/8th dose for me)

Plant below was fed Fox Farm trio, Cha-Ching, Beastie Bloomz and Open Sesame. (cal mag as well) 100 watts of light in a small space.

3_11.JPG

I use mg nutes in small quantities 1/2-2/3 strength. And not very often. Third time in 6 weeks and watering until small runoff every 3-4 days. Using finger and "not so common sense" as my guide.
Hybrid lighting 22" height 600 HPS 650 LED
Fan and humidity 40-60%. I got the tiger bloom for upcoming bloom just in case they show and deficiencies. I'm careful with the nutes. I think it's looks good so far, first grow.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220412-183929_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220412-183929_Gallery.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 8
I use mg nutes in small quantities 1/2-2/3 strength. And not very often. Third time in 6 weeks and watering until small runoff every 3-4 days. Using finger and "not so common sense" as my guide.
Hybrid lighting 22" height 600 HPS 650 LED
Fan and humidity 40-60%. I got the tiger bloom for upcoming bloom just in case they show and deficiencies. I'm careful with the nutes. I think it's looks good so far, first grow.

Nice, it sounds like you are on the right track. Plants look great!

I have used all three and totally agree with you brother Bomb.
Big Bloom is not a Bloom Booster but is a good all purpose Organic fertilizer.
Tiger Bloom is a good Bloom Booster and Grow Big is good for Vegging weed and good for growing vegetables. FFs also has a good CalMag.

Tiger Bloom is a good Bloom Booster and Grow Big is good for Vegging weed and good for growing vegetables. FFs also has a good CalMag.
Here's my test after letting the soil mixture set for 24 hours. I had mentioned somewhere in here that I had a couple bottom leaves slightly turning yellow with a couple brown spots. I also have developed some red stems. After this test I believe that accounts to a nitrogen deficiency.

Attachments

• 20220413_093750.jpg
    20220413_093750.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 20220413_093958.jpg
    20220413_093958.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20220413_094011.jpg
    20220413_094011.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 7
I have also noticed for the last week and a half growth has seemed too slow so I am going to get some nitrogen fertilizer and add it sparingly as I am three weeks from switching to bloom. Do you have any opinion on this?

Seconding what @bombtombadll said.

Don't just rely on 1 bottle of nutrients. Follow a schedule, check your pH in/out, and check your PPM in/out. I've used the Fox Farm trio before and would not go back to it.View attachment 293649

Hey, I think most have learned the hard way that the fox farm feeding schedule
Seconding what @bombtombadll said.

Don't just rely on 1 bottle of nutrients. Follow a schedule, check your pH in/out, and check your PPM in/out. I've used the Fox Farm trio before and would not go back to it.View attachment 293649

Yep, I'm done with the trio too. It's not bad stuff (in fact it's pretty good) but I'm thinking there are better choices for cannabis. Again, when you have a deficiency and you look on the bottle to see macro/micro nutrients, its hard to know what your giving the plants.

I also have a 2 part Fox Farm Cultivation nation in dry granules that I really like for Veg. All of the ingredients are clearly listed on the bottle, its cheap, and it does the job well for Veg. (very well). I haven't tried the bloom side of Cultivation nation yet though.

So, Fox farm has three options. I see a lot of talk about the trio, very little talk about Cultivation Nation. Its pretty obvious that Fox Farms Cult Nation was designed specifically for weed. I have a feeling the liquid 3 part Cultivation nation is great stuff, but I never see people using it. (they even have Fox Farm Cultivation Nation soil as well.

Fox Farm Nutrient Options:

1. Fox Farm Trio, Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom.
2. Fox Farm 2 Part Cultivation Nation in dry granules.
3. Fox Farm 3 Part Cultivation Nation Liguid, Veg, Bloom, Micro.

Cultivation Nation - FoxFarm Soil & Fertilizer Company

3 part Cult Nation feeding chart in below PDF.

Here's my test after letting the soil mixture set for 24 hours. I had mentioned somewhere in here that I had a couple bottom leaves slightly turning yellow with a couple brown spots. I also have developed some red stems. After this test I believe that accounts to a nitrogen deficiency.
Those buckets have holes in the bottom, right? Ice melt buckets can have residual salt in them which isn’t good. Also, I see you have a houseplant in your tent. Be careful of doing that. I got a good infestation of spider mites from doing that…

Those buckets have holes in the bottom, right? Ice melt buckets can have residual salt in them which isn’t good. Also, I see you have a houseplant in your tent. Be careful of doing that. I got a good infestation of spider mites from doing that…
Yes there are holes in the buckets, these buckets are about 10 yrs old so I don't thing there is residue in any of them. I just ordered 1 and 7 gal. Fabric pots for the next grow.

I love my fabric pots. I transferred everything into fabric pots this year. Tomato plants, Peppers,lemons, all my veggies and weed.
And yep,,I got Spider Mites a couple years ago from a fking strawberry plant inside. Last yr I grew outside and had no spider Mites. Go fking figure. Hate those little fkers. I grew right next to my tomato plants and had no problems. Although I did have lots of Marigolds planted all in my garden by my tomatoes and weed. Bugs hate Marigolds. Worked like a charm.

Latest posts

Back