Fox farms question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schoolboy420

greenybeanymeanies
Reaction score
Alright, I am adding in grow big now. Ive fed twice now, the first feeding was too early, and I had nute burn, even at 1/8th strength.

This time around I mixed 1-1.5tsp to a gallon, just to make sure I kept it light.

So I am considering this last feeding as it's first, as I am now trying to get it used to the nutes. With that being said, how often should I feed at this point? I normally water every other day. That's about when she wants a few extra gulps.

I use ff ocean forest soil.

I was going to post this in my grow journal, but I figured I'd get the answer quicker in this section.

Thanks

I wouldn't feed anything for 6 weeks if you are in FFOF. It has enough nutes to last 6 weeks on average. I will go look at your journal. I just looked.

You have to quit watering every other day. You have to stick your finger in up to the second knuckle and see if it is damp. If I am not sure i wait for a slight wilt. Marijuana has to have a dry period. You are over watering and over nuting... But other than that you are rocking the grow. ha. Hang in there and please consider my suggestions.

Yeah, see? Dirt... she knows.

I could help you with EVERYTHING except that darn dirt Schoolboy :aok: lol

Alright, I am adding in grow big now. Ive fed twice now, the first feeding was too early, and I had nute burn, even at 1/8th strength.

This time around I mixed 1-1.5tsp to a gallon, just to make sure I kept it light.

So I am considering this last feeding as it's first, as I am now trying to get it used to the nutes. With that being said, how often should I feed at this point? I normally water every other day. That's about when she wants a few extra gulps.

I use ff ocean forest soil.

I was going to post this in my grow journal, but I figured I'd get the answer quicker in this section.

Thanks

Hiya schoolboy, I grow in FFOF and I can tell you for sure it needs no veg nutes. I mix my dirt 75% FFOF 20% FF Light Warrior 5% perilite. I will not feed any veg nutes just water and by week 1-2 in flower it will need light flower nutes and slowly work your way up to 1/2 strength. that's the way FFOF has always worked for me. Good luck :)

I wouldn't feed anything for 6 weeks if you are in FFOF. It has enough nutes to last 6 weeks on average. I will go look at your journal. I just looked.

You have to quit watering every other day. You have to stick your finger in up to the second knuckle and see if it is damp. If I am not sure i wait for a slight wilt. Marijuana has to have a dry period. You are over watering and over nuting... But other than that you are rocking the grow. ha. Hang in there and please consider my suggestions.

Roger that on the nutes. I'm not fully sure when I started, but I am fairly sure its been longer than that, but I had switched pots and added more soil. I'm not sure how long ago though.

And as far as watering, sometimes its every 3, but I do stick my finger in, and try to gauge the weight. The past two times watering, I actually went the same route as you when you are unsure, but it caused me to panic lol.

I do appreciate the advice, and thanks!

You are welcome School boy, we have to beat your three gram harvest last time, ok?

Lol I know. That's why I posted it here, you're one of my main viewers/helpers

Hiya schoolboy, I grow in FFOF and I can tell you for sure it needs no veg nutes. I mix my dirt 75% FFOF 20% FF Light Warrior 5% perilite. I will not feed any veg nutes just water and by week 1-2 in flower it will need light flower nutes and slowly work your way up to 1/2 strength. that's the way FFOF has always worked for me. Good luck :)
How long do you usually veg? I'm sure its not good for an infinite time in veg haha so I just want to make sure.

Only till the plant reaches sexual maturity, then I will flip. Some are quicker than others but mostly 3-4 weeks in veg before the flip.

How long do you usually veg? I'm sure its not good for an infinite time in veg haha so I just want to make sure.

Ha, ha, doesn't hurt. You can keep a plant in veg indefinitely--for years if you want. We used to keep mothers and would keep a plant in the veg stage for however long we wanted to take clones from. We used to believe that taking clones from clones caused problems. We now know that we can take clones from clones for many many generations before we see strain degradation.

Most of us wait until we see signs that the plant is sexually mature before putting into flowering. This is denoted by alternating nodes and/or preflowers. How long this takes varies--usually 6-8 weeks.

Only till the plant reaches sexual maturity, then I will flip. Some are quicker than others but mostly 3-4 weeks in veg before the flip.
Ah alright. I was really only asking because of this..

Hiya schoolboy, I grow in FFOF and I can tell you for sure it needs no veg nutes.

How long have you vegged in ocean forest without needing nutes? That's the question I should've asked lol

Ha, ha, doesn't hurt. You can keep a plant in veg indefinitely--for years if you want. We used to keep mothers and would keep a plant in the veg stage for however long we wanted to take clones from. We used to believe that taking clones from clones caused problems. We now know that we can take clones from clones for many many generations before we see strain degradation.

Most of us wait until we see signs that the plant is sexually mature before putting into flowering. This is denoted by alternating nodes and/or preflowers. How long this takes varies--usually 6-8 weeks.

Oh I know. Lol. I'll be joining the adventures of cloning eventually.

Im somewhere in that 6-8 weeks, I believe. It may actually be past that point. But I'll be flowering when I get a bigger tent in

School, for most strains I have ran I did not need to feed in veg. The plant is going to tell you when she is hungry.

Latest posts

Back