Foxtails

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jakefish

Reaction score
I in week 8 of flower on my run of gelato. Was watching my beautiful nugs ripen nicely and noticed them foxtailing. My question is should I wait for the new growth to ripen or just take it down because most of the older buds have already got where I like them.
Just looking for opinions, experiences and a little knowledge.

Attachments

• 20210113_083600.jpg
    20210113_083600.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 20210113_083318.jpg
    20210113_083318.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 20210113_083325.jpg
    20210113_083325.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 34
Here is a pic of my Last Lemon Betty. Fox Tailed like a mo fo.....lots don't like a plant when they do this as they are harder to trim. I love it....trim around and leave them...tedious work but great bag appeal....

20190409_124126.jpg

Thinking of harvest on Sunday. Gotta make room for the next run. Got 9 ready to flower. Still on my trial and error out here in tropical Hawaii. Fighting humidity bugs and basically just looking for a good strain to grow out here that thrives in these great slightly less than perfect conditions.
My nutrient combination seems way better now been using half doses of open sesame and floor bloom with bud candy in my feed. The results seem night and day from my first run. Way bigger and frosty nugs developing on my newer plants.
Hope I'm in the zone for my hawaii grow project. Feeling like it but seems the more I learn the less I really know

1610571209894.png

Foxtailing is caused in most cases due to Genetics (the parents do it)
or Heat/Light Stress. Appears you are Pute grew some Good Genetics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Took a long time to round up the genetics I have now. That is Lemon Betty #3. Great daytime smoke. Lemon Taffy x Fat Betty. Good yield, good smoke and easy to trim.

But this is Jake's thread so I yield....

PUTES Sounds delicious...................................
Took a long time to round up the genetics I have now. That is Lemon Betty #3. Great daytime smoke. Lemon Taffy x Fat Betty. Good yield, good smoke and easy to trim.

But this is Jake's thread so I yield....
I grew a sativa once in a 4x4 tent 1000w HPS , it was Hot and bright, after a very long flower it started to foxtail I was like wow cool.
Little did I know then that I was stressing the crap out of the plant on top right next to the light.
I mean I wish I had pics Foxes running all over every which way LOL
The plant filled the tent so much I had a hard time watering it.
Still some of the best HG Sativa I have had

I in week 8 of flower on my run of gelato. Was watching my beautiful nugs ripen nicely and noticed them foxtailing. My question is should I wait for the new growth to ripen or just take it down because most of the older buds have already got where I like them.
Just looking for opinions, experiences and a little knowledge.
Jake my last round was a barneys Gelato 41 It budded the same way GREAT Smoke. I went by the Thrichs about 1/4 amber 3;/4 cloudy

Nice well Sunday is death day and im excited to see how well I did on these ladies. These buds are hard as rocks right now to the touch. Been perfect humidity out here for the last month around 50-75% rh.

Latest posts

Back