Freaking out Smoking?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have to agree with those saying it was a panic attack brought on by hightened awaeness. it happens and,as Afrikanner said, reminding themselves that "this is a drug i took thats making me feels this way. it is not real" is a supurb way to clam oneself down. once they're calm they should feel better. just gotta get to thier happy place,so to speak :)

must be smoking swag, it makes you paranoid. i had a bad trip a few weeks ago. thought the cops were after me cause when i was driving around town a cop always seemed to be behind me. then i would remember that all i had on me was a blunt, something i could swallow real easy

bizzy323 said:
It's not the weed that does all this, usually frist its controlled by the smoker, if you don't know your limits and you smoke more then you can handle and you start to freak out and trip, then you will go through paranoia. some people lose control of there selfs and pot takes over there brain when they smoke. I have a friend who goes through paranoia all the time he smokes but he got used to it, so now he gets scared while laughing. LOL

yea thats describes me to a tee when i smoke swag for some reason. give me some mids and i'm alright but give me some really good weed then i'm fine, nothing. i think of weed like my liquer, the browner it is (Jack Daniels) the worst the hangover is, the clearer like an aged Scotch then no hangover. but then again i don't get many hangovers.

I think it's cuz she's still new to smokin cuz one of my buddies had a crazyyy trip last night experiencing the famous "BUBBLEGUM". It was HIS 21st birthday/xmas so i forced him to spark a blunt with me. Usually he'll only spark once a month but being his 21st I had to make it a good birthday na mean? well anyways, bout 30 minutes after the blunt is done he start flippin out cuz a helicopter spotlight was shining thru the window and neighbors windows. he thought the cops were after him!!! LMAOOOO then one of the other guys had ran into the room an yelled "THEY JS DROPPED A BOMB!!!" he starts buggin out even worse!!! starts running to every window an door locking it screaming "the pigs are here for me!!!" Everyone was ROFLLLLL!! Then he hides under the blanket mumbling to himself saying "I'M SORRY GOD, DON'T PUNISH ME"??!! WTHH LMAOOOOO well thats my story bout my buddy?! TRUE STORYY!!! That is the best memory we'll ever have!

There are a lot of problems associated with smoking which people face and it is one of them. Such people need the support of family and friends to get over this habit.

It's simply a panic attack/anxiety state.

You get a feedback loop of: My hearts beating fast oerr!Which scares the person which releases adrenalin which makes your heart go faster etc etc.

It's the fight or flight state amplified by cannabis is all and experienced smokers take this into account and are not phased by it but an inexperienced person can have a truly frightening (I think I'm gonna die!) experience.

hawkin said:
There are a lot of problems associated with smoking which people face and it is one of them. Such people need the support of family and friends to get over this habit.
Tell me more about this Chantix, the nausea, gas, vomiting, constipation, sleep problems, and other side effects that i must talk to my doctor or pharmacist to find out about interests me.:rolleyes:

resevil83 said:
One of my friends just started smoking. She says that she freaks out when she smokes.... My buddy told me that she said she couldn't breathe and started to hyperventillate. She starts freaking out and says stuff repeadtely over. She says she wants to go home and stuff. It happened to her again when she smoked the next week. She said that she starts laughing really hard and shes fine then a little while later she starts wiggin out. Does anyone know what the matter is? Is this common? Or is it because she just started smoking?

Smoke more indica. She sounds like she is sensitive to sativa, or high levels of THC which can cause paranoia and rapid heart rate, which can lead to hyperventilating.

Well considering the date of the OP, this girl is either a seasoned smoking vet by now or has left the magic grass for gree..... er... less green pastures.

dude that still happens to me and im an everyday smoker, its panick attacks kinda. i get them from too much caffeine and being really high. but few deep breaths gets me good nowadays. i dont get them that bad. i used to get them terrible maybe i just got used to panick attacks well, mild ones.

tell that person to do deep breathing meditating type thing when that happens. it will help tremendously. cigarettes help me too, bc the deep breath i take inhaling, which is gonna cause more problems later

hawkin said:

#1. Keep your pharmies
#2. NO POSTING OUTSIDE LINKS!!!!

There are some people that just cannot smoke pot.... This is actually linked to genetics. The best thing to do is not smoke if you are this way. Just be thankful you do not have this trait. I personally know people like this, the best thing to do for them is to get food on there stomach. Fatty foods will work best, those fatty cells will more absorb the THC in the blood stream. Bieng in the medical field I have seen this alot, remember the pot will not hurt you. But a person having a severe panic attack can do some pretty stupid stuff. (like call 911 when nobodys lookin')Some of us can smoke with no problems and some can't. Just don't even offer it to anyone who freaks, messes up everyones high, and that ain't funny!(Especially when the cops and paramedics show up unexpected) Now, since I am fortunate I must go and burn a J-Gar for all those who can't...

Although it is an old subject, but in fact it will never be old.
It is true that smoking weed for the first time not all but high percentage will have panic during the first time. It happened with me.
The best thing for a beginner is to smoke under supervision of one of the profesional smokers who already knowledgeable and understand the panic for beginners.
To solve this peoplem or at least to reduce the negative reaction is to present the smoke to the beginner in small doses, and you must leave time between 15-30 minutes. for example give him one hit and let him stay living it for a while, then ask him if he feels ok, then ask him if he want another hit after 30 minutes, if he willing let him smoke another one. it will makehim happier for the next hour or so, then more hits like that leaving a period of times between the doses. Keep training him like that for week or two, then he will start to increase each dose till he can roll himself a joint and that may takes up to a month. This advice and training technique is meant for beginners and beginners who smoke a joint every month or so but never been daily user. Because daily user even if he stopped for 2 or 3 month he still can handel a fat join or a blunt or at least he will stop when he feels like and will never panic.
What you do if you had a freakin out condition:
1- calm him down.
2- ask him to take deep breath but not very very deep.
3- make drink milk.
4- after he come down it may take up to 30 minutes or an hour.
5- Offer him fat meal. it will help him come down easily.

I wish this advice help the new smokers.

Wow...this bad boy is 4 years old...makes me wanna freak out...is it like 2009 or like 2005.....AHHHHHHHHHHHH, i think im havin a panic attack here...

DUDE...if ya cant handle it, dont do it...some people shouldnt drink, some people shouldnt smoke, and some people shouldnt bring back forums from 4 years ago..........................muhahahahahaha

it is not really funny there are always newbies coming and i think it is nice to have a subject concern them as beginners.

Well then my bad for making light of a heavy subject...but in reality, my opinion (and only an opinion) is if smoking makes you feel wack then why would you do it?..isnt the whole point to make you feel better? I mean seriously, if you try something and it doesnt work for you, then why would you do it again? Dont judge it as a whole, because whats good for one isnt necessarily good for another, but just step away and leave it alone...

I have experimented and found the things that work for me and found several things that dont work for me. For example...i tried speed one time, it didnt work for me...i had anxiety attacks and felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest...so guess what, i dont mess with it anymore...i like mellow......now i dont judge speed or people who use speed, but i dont mess with it...i dont even care if people use it around me (as long as they aren't freaking out).....just seems to simple to me i guess but each to their own....peace...

slap them in the face and tell them to grow up.

its pot man,
just pot,
its pot we're talkin about here,
we're talkin about pot.

Bahaha! You might recall when my ole lady ate the 'dog biscuits' recently!

Latest posts

Back