Free seed giveaway

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Irish comment would be something like " When you go I hope the devil does not know for a hour after .( something like that )
Now a days to folks like us it would be " I hope you live long enough to pop all the seeds you own "

I’m not as cool as old fogey with his amazing packaging techniques but I’ll get them to you safely.
The packaging idea is from the place I got the Freak seeds from. I am using up political signs my wife has stashed in the garage. I had a hard time getting the Q Tips out of the corrugated plastic my shipment came in so I improved on their method by leaving the Q Tips long enough where you can get a hold on the end and pull the plug so to speak. I like that I can package multiple strains/strandivars in the same piece, labeling is easy and it protects the seeds from the USPS crushing machine. Oh and it only costs a single stamp to ship. Win-win-win-win.

I use cardboard and insert seeds in the channels. I use the Qtip to keep them in the channels. Learned that from TCVG that use to be here on the Passion.
I then buy a Birthday card and put it in the card. Lots of BD cards have fold outs and stuff so nobody pays any attention to it.
The cardboard protects the seeds and they fit perfectly in the channels. The Qtips keep the seeds from moving or coming out like Fogey said.

Last edited:
I use cardboard and insert seeds in the channels. I use the Qtip to keep them in the channels. Learned that from TCVG that use to be here on the Passion.
It was a new idea to me. The corrugated plastic is a bit more rigid and I have a fair amount of it in my garage. I like dual use products. Less waste.

The packaging idea is from the place I got the Freak seeds from. I am using up political signs my wife has stashed in the garage. I had a hard time getting the Q Tips out of the corrugated plastic my shipment came in so I improved on their method by leaving the Q Tips long enough where you can get a hold on the end and pull the plug so to speak. I like that I can package multiple strains/strandivars in the same piece, labeling is easy and it protects the seeds from the USPS crushing machine. Oh and it only costs a single stamp to ship. Win-win-win-win.
I recycled your container using it to send seeds out yesterday to a friend. I think he will be equally impressed…

Yep the plastic ones work perfect too. I've been using the cardboard trick for yrs and have never had a problem.
I number the channels and then put a piece of paper in the envelope with what seeds those numbers correspond too.

I recycled your container using it to send seeds out yesterday to a friend. I think he will be equally impressed…
Thank you. There is entirely too much plastic pollution. I know it will eventually end up in a landfill or waterway but I like to do what I can.

Its thinking like that that put men on the moon ....

I hope you write more legibly than those guys. I never did figure out exactly what strain I got free with my order : )

ship.jpg

I hope you write more legibly than those guys. I never did figure out exactly what strain I got free with my order : )

View attachment 314573
Er, um, it looks like Blueberry Kush x AK47… ;)

Subby sent me a pic of the packaging after she received it and the labeling was beginning to wear off(as it looks like yours has) so in the future, I will probably tape the cardboard To the inside of the envelope to prevent it from sliding around.

I then buy a Birthday card and put it in the card. Lots of BD cards have fold outs and stuff so nobody pays any attention to it.
The cardboard protects the seeds and they fit perfectly in the channels. The Qtips keep the seeds from moving or coming out like Fogey said.
i use the plastic stuff, and write pictures on the outside of the package asking please do not bend, or the small fits it ships box which is first class and tape it up real good. cost a little more but so what. i haven't done this but some i have gotten were. take a 100 series o-ring a piece of thin single layer cardboard cut a hole in the center of where the o-ring fits in it. get some clear hard plastic they use to sell stuff in the store, cut two pieces the size of the cardboard. start layering, put seeds inside the o-ring and staple together. in the pic they used a water hose gasket.
g13.jpg

View attachment 314573
That's why I just put a number on the cardboard channel and a separate piece of paper in the envelope with the numbers and what seed corresponds to those numbers on the channel.
Cardboard works better because the ink don't come off. Plastic has a tendency to allow the ink to smear.

Latest posts

Back